Retaliation

Tycholiz

What is the use for this ability? Everywhere I look people say that this ability is a waste of rage. I'd think that this ability would ONLY be good to burn an enemy down if I have a lot of excess rage. Even if thats the only use, isnt this ability due for a damage increase? or at least make it a 1 rage ability or something..

I never use retaliate ever. With everything going on and the procs/cooldowns to keep an eye on it just never has a good use in my rotation...err...whatever it is we carnage specs have.

I mean the list of what I use every typical fight, especially in pvp, is as follows:

Charge, battering, gore, massacre, scream, ravage, rupture, choke, smash, interrupt, CoP, saber ward, predation/berserk(situational), throw, relic, adrenal...you get my drift.

Not really any good reason to throw a retaliate in there cus one of those is always off c/d.

Unless it got a better use or buff or something...then maybe

I can see why people may say that, but for safety's sake I always use it when it's active. It only does a little bit less than vicious slash, but it's unblockable. I can generate rage fast enough where it's not that big of deal anyway.

I could see adding something to it to give more of a benefit to use, though. However if you made it 1 less rage (2 rage) I feel like it would throw off your entire flow since most things require 3 rage. Perhaps increase it's damage but increase the cooldown.

I can see why people may say that, but for safety's sake I always use it when it's active. It only does a little bit less than vicious slash, but it's unblockable. I can generate rage fast enough where it's not that big of deal anyway.

I could see adding something to it to give more of a benefit to use, though. However if you made it 1 less rage (2 rage) I feel like it would throw off your entire flow since most things require 3 rage. Perhaps increase it's damage but increase the cooldown.

It shouldnt even use rage, it should be free, i mean its a reaction attack skill why does it even need rage, you were just hit, should that be enough to piss you off to hit them back?

it shouldnt even use rage, it should be free, i mean its a reaction attack skill why does it even need rage, you were just hit, should that be enough to piss you off to hit them back?

lawl!!!lolol roflacopter,lolcano,lolerskates,steamlolers, lolcake. Lmaopie roooooooooooooooooooofl hahahahhahahaha!!!!!

lawl!!!lolol roflacopter,lolcano,lolerskates,steamlolers, lolcake. Lmaopie roooooooooooooooooooofl hahahahhahahaha!!!!!

I see what you did there. Just saying "bad idea" was too hard, huh?

I use Retaliation if have the rage reserves (means almost full to full rage). It's some damage in between, nothing wrong about it. Rage cost could be lower though.

I see what you did there. Just saying "bad idea" was too hard, huh?

I use Retaliation if have the rage reserves (means almost full to full rage). It's some damage in between, nothing wrong about it. Rage cost could be lower though.

no no no, i got it wrong i was laughing cuz of this "i mean its a reaction attack skill why does it even need rage, you were just hit, should that be enough to piss you off to hit them back?" in his quote XD!!

Juggernaut Class

Immortality Tree

"Retaliation now increases melee and ranged defenses by 2/4/6% for 6 seconds"

Marauder Class

Annihilation Tree

"Each use of Retaliation reduces the active cool-down of Cloak of Pain by 3/6 seconds"

Other than the skill being used mainly by my Jugg. I NEVER use it on my Annihilaiotn Maru because there is no need for it.

If you look at your "rotation", there should be no need for Retaliation.

Charge > Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture ... etc ...

If as a Marauder you are focusing on your Retaliation, then something is wrong

I don't think anyone is focusing on putting retaliation on their rotation, but it can be useful from time to time. If you have a wealth of rage and you need to burst someone down because if you don't they'll survive then it can come in handy. It's more of a move to pad your burst and it has been a killing blow for me quite a few times. I -just- took it off my main hotkeys at level 38 Edited by HBninjaX

As a Marauder this ability is mathematically a total waste of rage any way you look at it unless you plan on tanking... Yes it is off the GCD of other abilities however you just wasted 3 rage on an ability that hits for 1073-1268 vs 1022-1290 with Massacre in the Carnage tree. Massacre also give you the buff to Aturu as well as Massacre having 30% increased crit dmg and refunding you 1 rage making Massacre essentially cost 2 rage.

Retalliation needs a rage nerf or some type of debuff/buff like 15% armor pen for 6 seconds ect.

Edited by pvtglass

Personally, I use it as often as possible because I don't find myself rage starved and it's off the GCD. The only abilities that it negatively affects are your channeled ones - Savage and Choke. Otherwise the minute I hear the POP audio of it, I'm reaching for the button. That and if spec'd into Cloak of Annihilation, lowers your downtime for Cloak of Pain from 30 seconds to 24 seconds in constant combat situations, which is pretty huge.