Mouse over Healing macros!

Smervc

Well this doesn't have to be tied to macros for me, but being able to enable mouse over targeting would be awfully convenient for healing.

Of course having a focus target that didn't keep getting lost would also be rather handy, it drives me mad to keep finding that my focus has been unset again and that I'm not healing who I thought I was.

If you want to play a game that doesn't actually require you to do anything to win, then go back to WoW.

Look guys, if you have no idea what macros are you shouldn't post here. If you don't understand them, you don't have to use them, but rest assured, it is completely impossible to make macros play the game for you.

There is absolutely no reason to cry about features that make the game more fun for a lot of people and have absolutely no affect on the people who don't want to use them.

Look guys, if you have no idea what macros are you shouldn't post here. If you don't understand them, you don't have to use them, but rest assured, it is completely impossible to make macros play the game for you.

There is absolutely no reason to cry about features that make the game more fun for a lot of people and have absolutely no affect on the people who don't want to use them.

This ^ I also love the fact that people make statements like macros or addons will ruin the game.

Yep addons ruin MMOs... that's why WoW only has 11 million subscribers instead of 20.

What will ruin a game is devs not paying attention to bugs and exploits. i.e. FFXI... fishbots... anyone who played that knows what I'm talking about.

As a healer i want .

A ) easy target my team mates whithout need see the heal bars . to target a friend in combat is not an easy situation . the targeting sytem is not responding correct all the times and aLso the tab key is not target the friends, or to choose as a healer the option in preferenses is not for enemies but for friends . if i had an option the tab rotate on a friend also will make the game more funnier for a healer in battle

B ) separation the buffs from the debuffs on heal bars . right now i can not understand when someone has debuffs on him !!!

TIP: [ mouseover ] can easily enabled out of the box with a macro program that press repeatable the left mouse key . right now the left mouse is only for rotation of the view .... DEVS better added it to avoid spam key strokes to the server :p

Edited by SWTOR-GR

• 2 weeks later...

Do Macros make the game more fun for a "FEW" people or "Many" people?

For the casual gamer (who would not know the ins and outs of Macros), would the use of macros by others (specifically in pvp) make the game more or less enjoyable? My understanding is that the grand majority of gamers are clickers. How would they stack up against an equally geared/talented opponent that has efficient situational macros set up that they can use during combat? Probably not very well.

What about PvE? Should the devs scale PvE fights to be hard for the macro user and nearly impossible for the clicker, or should they make it hard for the clicker but easy for the macro user?

I don't see any major issues with mouse over selection as it's just another form of tab-targeting but a bit more accurate. But I'm not familiar with the pros/cons on that subject currently. However, I can see why macros may cause more negative game experience results than positive ones.

That being said, I also understand that those of us that spend money on special gaming hardware (like a Naga mouse) can do basic macros already.

I'm glad I am not the person that has to make decisions on the addition/omission of features like this. I feel for the devs in this case.