The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Bounty Hunter is broken

ThaskXantium

I've been having a problem with my Bounty hunter that has only recently got progressively worse. When I use an ability, sometimes it doesn't even activate or do damage. It triggers a global cooldown. When I use Rocket punch, rail shot, flame burst, or anything instant it happens frequently. A global cooldown is triggered and I have to hit the ability, sometimes in the worst occasions, 7-8 times before it will correctly activate.

Flamethrower and unload will start to channel, but do no damage and not go on cooldown, the only cooldowns I experience with this are all global. I don't believe it's a problem with my computer or internet, as I never have this problem on any other high level character I have. My sorc is fine, no delays and no problems. I have tried hitting ctrl U twice to reset my interface, but it does no good. I am a Powertech shield spec.

Any info or advice on this frustrating matter would be greatly appreciated. I have tried putting in a ticket and everything, but nothing. I'm hoping this next patch fixes it, but it seems to only be for delays and I haven't found anything pertaining to the issue I am experiencing anywhere on the forums.

Check this out and see if this is similiar to your problem...

http://www.swtor.com/blog/georg-zoeller-gives-update-ability-delay

"Additionally, we have located an issue that would cause player input for certain instant abilities to fail in frantic combat situations, resulting in unpredictable and frustrating gameplay issues for the affected player. A fix for the issue is currently scheduled to go to the public test server with our next update."

That seems similar to what I'm experiencing, but I don't know if it's the exact issue.

Yeah, I'm suffering from the same symptoms as well.

In a huttball match, I was spamming rail shot for about 5-8 seconds and nothing came out when clearly the icon was active.

I died from that fight as a result of misleading inactive icon malfunction that contributed to my awesome noobness fighting style.

Edited by Krondorf

I was standing still, trying to dps a boss. Hitting unload and the channel starts but no dps. Waiting patiently for it to end I hit it again. Same thing. 3rd time its the same. Not a very hectic situation either. I ended up rocket punshing it instead :p