The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just hit 50...help with gear?

sienquanon

Hey everyone, first post.

I recently hit level 50 on my Vanguard, and I have had the intention of tanking the whole game.

I tried a hard mode flashpoint (Esseles, the first one) and got DESTROYED. Not so surprised because I know I don't have great tanking gear yet.

My question is, what's the best way to go about getting the gear I need, tanking or otherwise?

I know a large part of it is PvP, and I'm trying to do that but my server gets steamrolled so I slowly collect my commendations (it's going to take forever this way though). I also attempt my Ilum dailies but it's like watching a stop motion movie, and the only time there's kills is when the Sith horde is right outside the republic base, I harpoon someone, and they get destroyed by everyone in range. Again, extremely slow progression, there has to be something I'm missing.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Do the dailys on besavis and ilum you can get epic mods which then you put into orange gear till you get some good epics through pvp, hardmodes and or raids. Spend your badges you get from doing dailys on nakada earpiece before anything else. Try to pug the eternity vault the normal setting is actually easier than hardmodes. By the way try to get a group to do the H2 and H4 dailys they give you the mods so you can have some pretty decient gear in 5 days and your ear peice. Good luck. Edited by Reteric

Do the weekly/daily PVP quests for like 7 bags.

Do all dailies and upgrade orange gear mods to epic level 51 mods.

Check the AH for offhands/implants. I can make a really nice one as BioChem.

Find people to do EV, its really easy esp now that people are getting some gear.

That is about it. I didn't really do HM FP's at all to gear up.

Also this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176836

Edited by Tires