Let's talk about knockbacks

Thatguypa

Nearly every class in the game has a knockback ability. One of the worst types of ability design in games, especially PvP, and this game gives them to everyone. It is bad enough that there are countless other CCs in the game, but the ability to completely move another player is just dumb, and every class has this ability.

This is one of the main reasons huttball is a crap game. It is just a game of whose knockback has less delay and who has better latency at the time.

Nearly every class in the game has a knockback ability.

Actually no.

Powertechs, Marauders and Operatives nave no knockbacks. That's 3 classes out of 8 classes is 37%. That's right, boyo. Precisely 37.5% of classes in the game have no knockbacks of any kind.

This is one of the main reasons huttball is a crap game. It is just a game of whose knockback has less delay and who has better latency at the time.

That I agree with. But I feel simply removing Huttball from the game would be better than messing around with knockbacks. Everyone I know, especially Empire, absolutely LOATHES Huttball. The whole map is designed as one colossal cheese.

Though doubling the amount of resolve knockbacks result in would be a step in the right direction.

Knockbacks are nice, there's nothing more satisfying than pushing the enemy off the bridge. I have issues with immobilize/root though, it doesnt effect resolve unlike knockback and is almost as good as stun against melee classes.

Being rooted from a knockback just makes it worse

Actually no.

Powertechs, Marauders and Operatives nave no knockbacks. That's 3 classes out of 8 classes is 37%. That's right, boyo. Precisely 37.5% of classes in the game have no knockbacks of any kind.

Powertechs have grapple.

Marauders have jump.

Operatives have nothing at all.

Powertechs have grapple.

Not a knockback. They also have Jet Jump charge deep in tank tree. They also have flamethrowers.

Marauders have jump.

Still not a knockback. They have two, if they go Rage. And if they go Anni they can do it point-blank every 10.5 seconds.

Operatives have nothing at all.

Except insane burst, stealth, same armor as a Marauder and 3x their CC. Cry me a river. What is happening to Operatives on test realms is ENTIRELY of their own doing. If Operatives didn't run around like morons stacking buffs and butchering people, maybe BW wouldn't have had to take a nerf bat to them quite so hard.

And yes, I do agree the nerfs are a tad much. Either cut damage 20% OR cut duration of knockdown to 1.5 sec. But not both.

Knockbacks are nice, there's nothing more satisfying than pushing the enemy off the bridge. I have issues with immobilize/root though, it doesnt effect resolve unlike knockback and is almost as good as stun against melee classes.

Nothing more satisfying than using an ability that requires zero skill to kill an enemy?

knock backs barely even effects resolve. :/ think you can get 3 in a full bar and of course they all have full effect. knock backs are far > than stuns and have even more uses <_> they need to max the bar.

Agreed. I would not mind them as much if they maxed out your resolve bar (grapples too), this would prevent the every popular knockback/grapple into acid/fire followed by stun.

Nothing more satisfying than using an ability that requires zero skill to kill an enemy?

Right, because gap-closers like Charge take far more skill than gap-openers like Knockbacks amirite? Cause you know, you don't have to aim a knockback correctly to move the opponent where you want them to go or anything unlike "tab-to-nearest-ranged-thencharge!"

Let me guess, you force charged to an enemy (probably a sorc or Merc) and then got knocked off the platform. Well, shouldn't have wasted your gap-closer before they wasted their gap-opener then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.