Does Swtor run well on your computer?

Illwill-

Hey, there are hundreds of threads with people complaining about lag, ability lag, low fps, bugs, Ilum, horrible pvp...ehum...yeah, my point, right.

Anyhow, I wondered if people could paste their computer specs if the game is running WELL for them. Now, some may wonder why I chose the PvP-forum and this is the reason: I ask that only PvP'ers paste their specs. I don't care if your computer can run Black Talon at 100 fps, I want to know if you can run WZ/Ilum at decent fps without lag/ability lag. If so, please be a doll and paste your info here so that those of us that are preparing to leave the game can find out what rigs that can run it. I know some very high-end rigs can't. Oh, and don't bother with the troll/fanboy posts, nobody will fall for it (no, you can't run Huttball well on your "brand"-computer from 2005).

An idea of how a post could look to be helpful:

Average fps when there are lots of fighting going on:

CPU:

Graphics card:

Mother board:

RAM:

HDD that the game runs from:

Settings in game (bloom off, shadows off, everything on low etc):

Edit: "Iamurfriend" posted this:

Here is a thread I found about running FRAPS in the background while you play. It doesn't make sense to me really, but it gave me a significant FPS boost.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=180832

I tested a quick WZ with Windows media player running in the background, and it actually helps...as insane as it may seem. CPU throttling...so try it (or fraps or software like mentioned in the thread).

Edited by Illwill-

Runs like a champ on my laptop. All high settings.

Oh, and don't bother with the troll/fanboy posts, nobody will fall for it (no, you can't run Huttball well on your "brand"-computer from 2005).

If you're actually trying to be serious, please read my post and provide info. I seriously doubt you're not trolling, but "your laptop" doesn't really narrow it down a lot.

Edited by Illwill-

CPU: I7 2860QM

Graphics card: Dual 580X NVIDIA

RAM: 16 @ 1600

HDD that the game runs from: SSD Hybrid

Better..Geez lighten up. More than one sentence I'm not reading.

Edited by Fujah

Average fps when there are lots of fighting going on: 40

CPU: Intel i3 Dual Core 3Ghz

Graphics card: Geforce GT 320 1gb

Mother board: Intel something or other, its crap.

RAM: 8Gb

HDD that the game runs from: No idea,

Settings in game (bloom off, shadows off, everything on low etc): Bloom off, shadows on. Everything exept grass and trees set to high.

There ya go...

I'm upgrading my card tho. It's fine for warzones but If there is more then 30ish people in Illum at the same spot I get below 10fps and that's not acceptable.

I get that in WZs with a GTX 460. On Ilum I crash.

Edited by Illwill-

Average fps when there are lots of fighting going on: (in ilum zerg fest its at 10-15)

CPU: 2600k

Graphics card: 2 x 570 GTX SLI

Mother board: Z68X-UD5-B3

RAM: 8 gig Dominator GT 2133

HDD that the game runs from: OCZ max iops vertex 3 SSD

I have terrible performance, its a chunk fest in ilum if there is any more then me on the screen.

Average fps when there are lots of fighting going on: (in ilum zerg fest its at 10-15)

CPU: 2600k

Graphics card: 2 x 570 GTX SLI

Mother board: Z68X-UD5-B3

RAM: 8 gig Dominator GT 2133

HDD that the game runs from: OCZ max iops vertex 3 SSD

I have terrible performance, its a chunk fest in ilum if there is any more then me on the screen.

Ouch, with that rig...

...how does it look in warzones? What kind of FPS do you get there, when there's fighting going on?

Ouch, with that rig...

...how does it look in warzones? What kind of FPS do you get there, when there's fighting going on?

warzones are fine i have 0 problems runs very smooth. Ilum used to be fine aswell no problems but since 1.1 its all gone to hell.

Here is a thread I found about running FRAPS in the background while you play. It doesn't make sense to me really, but it gave me a significant FPS boost.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=180832

I will try that, but that is just...beyond amazing. Running fraps in the background makes the game LESS laggy? Who programmed Swtor?

Average fps when there are lots of fighting going on: ~10FPS in Ilum when theres a +20v20 fight going on.

CPU: Phenom II 975 x4 OCd 4Ghz

Graphics card: nVid 550GTX x2 Sli

Mother board: ASRock 890FX Deluxe4

RAM: 8GB Corsair @1.3~

HDD that the game runs from: normal WDC HDD 1TB (32mb iirc)

Settings in game (bloom off, shadows off, everything on low etc): Everything on max except shadows off. Forced 16x Supersampling.

Edited by Hawox