Making a Sentinel

PunkROC

Hello,

I currently have a level 50 Shadow, and while he is fun to play, I am looking for something a bit harder and more complex. Everyone keeps saying that Sentinel is the hardest class to play right now, so it looks like I will be making one.

I was wondering what Spec I should be leveling as? I hear Watchman isn't good until the later levels and Focus is good but having to wait for Sweep to come off cooldown is a pain. Combat tree looks pretty fun, but how is its solo play? Should I be using a healing companion? What stats should I be prioritizing?

Any info like that would be really helpful. Thanks!

To be honest, all the specs aren't really that great as you start, but if you want the one for leveling, I would personally say Watchman. I used that for leveling my Sentinel just because the healing I have recieved has been a mattr of life and death in a few instances. A lot of people might say the healing you get isn't worth it, but it will save you enough time to pop a few defensive cooldowns and take a Medpac. Among the DoTs, you can do some impressive sustained damage while you get heals, and you can fight something else while your DoTs kill the previous target.

Focus is viable as well, you can do some insane damage straight away leaving a group with a small amount of HP enough for you to just auto attack and kill them. I would only do this in the later levels so you can get the final talent in the tree.

I can't speak for Combat as I have had no experience in that tree.

To be honest, all the specs aren't really that great as you start, but if you want the one for leveling, I would personally say Watchman. I used that for leveling my Sentinel just because the healing I have recieved has been a mattr of life and death in a few instances. A lot of people might say the healing you get isn't worth it, but it will save you enough time to pop a few defensive cooldowns and take a Medpac. Among the DoTs, you can do some impressive sustained damage while you get heals, and you can fight something else while your DoTs kill the previous target.

Focus is viable as well, you can do some insane damage straight away leaving a group with a small amount of HP enough for you to just auto attack and kill them. I would only do this in the later levels so you can get the final talent in the tree.

I can't speak for Combat as I have had no experience in that tree.

You are a troll hello BW Dev. nah jk. nice yellow writenings. ;d sorry for OffT

You usually hear the opposite: Watchman is good from 10-50 while Combat really comes into it's own around 40/43.

I leveled as Watchman from 10-40 then switched to Combat. I'm enjoying Combat more but that's just my preference - Watchman is definitely good.

I cannot speak for Focus, though.