Anyone else was overhyped by this game?

Diaboligue

Well at least I was. Not saying that this game is bad I was just hoping more than I got.

In fact I enjoyed lvling till I completed act 1 then my class quest got even more boring than most of side quests.

Things what I was hoping but I did not get:

Space: Spaceships were really most disappointing thing in this game, space missions?Even miniclip games are better:/ I was hoping that you could like buy stuff to your ship like a new table or something like that even it is unnecessary it would be awesome!:D + like buying different ships(I would even farm for that I could by new ship!) and having space battles against other players and explore space finding cool rare stuff and so on :p

PVP/Combat: I was really hoping pvp to be to much like battlefront 2 :<

Oh I so loved battlefront 2 gameplay :p and same to combat :) I got this feeling about swtor combat http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg ^^

MMO: really you could remove one ''M'' since this doesn't not feel mmo, I lvled along nearly whole time only thing what felt like in mmo was guild chat :p, + all planets are full on npc what are as boring as rocks since they just are there and u cant even click them O.o

Factions: This really ruined pvp, it would be way cooler if you would start as neutral and you could join to republic or empire and even at max lvl you could betray your faction and get into other faction, oh really I would have loved that one!

Guild: Really unnecessary and stuff what would pretty sure never come but would be epic! Like guild battleships: Really big ones with you can fight against other guilds (Just like in battlefront 2 spaceship battles:P) battleships and so on:P I really would loved that :p fighting with your own spaceships against others -> going to inside other guild ship and try to take control of it. It would be so funny pvp game :)

Oh well this game is still fine game but Idk. Just not for me :)

(Well why I posted this? Like someone care? Idk I just wanted to say what I thing about this game. Much potential but missing a lot of cool things, but maybe some cool stuff comes by patches but at least for me to late since gw2 is coming before swtor has changed enough for me ^^)

(Sry about bad eng, since it is my 3rd language)

+1 thing more what you would want to this game what u did not get?

Edited by Diaboligue

Space: Spaceships were really most disappointing thing in this game, space missions?Even miniclip games are better:/ I was hoping that you could like buy stuff to your ship like a new table or something like that even it is unnecessary it would be awesome! + like buying different ships(I would even farm for that I could by new ship!) and having space battles against other players and explore space finding cool rare stuff and so on :p

KoToR was never based around space combat. Even back then they were just dull shooters. The space missions are more like little mini games to gain xp and to take a little break from questing imo.

PVP/Combat: I was really hoping pvp to be to much like battlefront 2 :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEI0...feature=relmfu

Oh I so loved battlefront 2 gameplay :p and same to combat I got this feeling about swtor combat http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg ^^

So basically a third person hot key based shooter... gotcha

MMO: really you could remove one ''M'' since this doesn't not feel mmo, I lvled along nearly whole time only thing what felt like in mmo was guild chat :p, + all planets are full on npc what are as boring as rocks since they just are there and u cant even click them O.o

I agree with you that it does have a single player focused faux mmo vibe. Umm other NPCs in the game is for aesthetics and should be treated that way. If they weren't there it would brake immersion. So you just want to travel to places with just quest NPCs or something?

Factions: This really ruined pvp, it would be way cooler if you would start as neutral and you could join to republic or empire and even at max lvl you could betray your faction and get into other faction, oh really I would have loved that one!

I don't understand how factions "ruined" pvp. Then you say you want to be in a faction later in the game. You just contradicted yourself.

Guild: Really unnecessary and stuff what would pretty sure never come but would be epic! Like guild battleships: Really big ones with you can fight against other guilds (Just like in battlefront 2 spaceship battles:P) battleships and so on:P I really would loved that :p fighting with your own spaceships against others -> going to inside other guild ship and try to take control of it. It would be so funny pvp game

Battleships are rumored to be coming out. PVP space battles on one hand would be pretty neat but then they would have to redo all the other space battles. An "on rail" space combat system would be pretty bad. But KoToR was never really about space combat.

I wouldn't say "overhyped", you just built some sort of imaginary expectations on it. I imagine you will do the same with GW2 and then repeat the process all over again.

Yea, looks like the SW game in your mind was the one you overhyped on and not the one that was clearly in development. You were obviously not the only one, though. I guess it's that every SW fan wants the next SW game to be their SW game and, well. disappointment is inevitable.

Me, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. I was actually dead-set on passing up SWTOR alltogether and stick with Skyrim and EVE until whenever. Maybe that's why I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Oh well, take this as a lesson I guess.

I was overhyped, but I have to admit, Bioware delivered a LOT of what I was expecting. I have felt slightly let down by the sith inquisitor story, not the story in itself really but how it was told, but the overall experience has still been HOOKED. I want to keep playing more and play other classes too to experience their story.

+ the stories are everywhere! The gameplay experience is very immersing because of this. Sure some of it is generisized, but thats a necessary evil.

+ classes seem to be very balanced atleast on terms of PVE and they have their functions.

+ gameplay requires me to use a lot of my powers and be aware of many different things when doing group content/pvp lots of things.

+ This is the first MMO ever where I have enjoyed playing group content. I normally consider it boring, but in this case the classes and roles synch nicely. The group content (flashpoints) are also excellent in terms of storytelling. My previous experiences with group content has been target mob - 1,2,3,.. - target next mob - etc

+ I have my own ship!

+ companions!

+ Also the first MMO where I have enjoyed 'gearing up'. Bioware seems to have found a nice medium where things are timeconsuming to an extent but also rewarding enough to make you feel you are progressing.

+ crafting already works better than in for example one of my other MMOs, champions online.

+ I joined pvp with a lvl 14 and enjoyed it! This is almost a first!

While there has been some disappointments, overall SWTOR rocks!