Actualy TEST updates before making them live.

falcon_Xtreme

After Game Update 1.1 went live.....we discovered that the Open World PvP area on Ilum was not working as our PvP design team intended.

The amount of Valor granted from these activities was significantly more than intended and we are now carefully investigating players who were on Ilum during this period, and present at some of these 'camping' events. I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue.

We take any sort of situation where one group of players gains an unexpected or unintended advantage over other players very seriously and will act to ensure that all players can have a fair and fun game experience.

how can bioware possibly police a unexpected or unintended exploit ( by the player ) when the problem is by their own admission flawed content upon going live. i mean if theres issues with the live content, shortly after launch Id say the update wasnt very well thought out, should the players be held accountable for that?.

its like a car yard selling me a defective car and then blaming my driving. it makes zero sense.

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

Big part of the problem is no one actually levels toons on the PTS. Until they let you copy a live character not many people are actually capable of testing illum.

they should let us do this, lotro did it with the isengard beta testing. we had our characters copied over but there they remained. I liked the idea.

they should let us do this, lotro did it with the isengard beta testing. we had our characters copied over but there they remained. I liked the idea.

I think the game breaking bug they found that delayed the patch was the illum problem, but they released it anyway to avoid the "forcing people to resub to see the patch" argument.

that actualy sounds like a possibility. :( the more I think about having characters copied over to pts the more it makes sense. the data gathered from a wide range of players, who spec differently, gear differently , play differently. would surely help with content analysis? rather than just hoping it works as intended... plus I think copying over players characters would make pts more appealing. Edited by falcon_Xtreme

Or you should get a brain and realise yourself that it was an exploit? Have you not played any mmo before? There are always consequences for those kind of exploits/abuse of the system. Get a clue and stop whining.

im not a game developer. im a consumer. I have played several mmo's. Im against exploiters. the issue is not about consequences for intented exploiting. but consequences for unintended/accidently exploiting due to flawed content. I have a brain, you just didnt use yours.

Beinf a Rep player, i do not even blame the imps. But: yes, immediate rollback was absolutely neccesary, No, people are not to be banned or otherwis discuplined for playing the INTENDED content. Intended, because the devs knew very well, that canons DO NOT autokill people and are destructible. They only started the "oh wow, we did not plan it that way' talk after their shares took a hit due to massive orum complaints.

Beinf a Rep player, i do not even blame the imps. But: yes, immediate rollback was absolutely neccesary, No, people are not to be banned or otherwis discuplined for playing the INTENDED content. Intended, because the devs knew very well, that canons DO NOT autokill people and are destructible. They only started the "oh wow, we did not plan it that way' talk after their shares took a hit due to massive orum complaints.

1.) On my server its 3 to 1 Empire dominated (the deadweight.

2.) A republic raid farmed the empire spawn point the entire day.

3.) Yes i said republic.

4.) Once you hit 60 valor (easily doable just from warzones), getting higher than that is currently useless, so who cares?

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2012/01/20/ea-bounces-back-as-analysts-defend-%E2%80%98star-wars%E2%80%99/

What you just said is also false.