Q&A With the Devs!

Gstring

I'm saying that if they did a live chat Q and A with this games developers there would be 42 thousand people in the chat room and 20 thousand of them would be asking why there is ability delay and telling the developers they suck at making games.

So putting a cap on the amount of people in said chat room would be out of the question?

Sounds simple enough. Sorta like they did back then...

Ahh wait, you are correct, because then there would be endless rage posts on how folks couldn't get in, and they are now cancelling their sub. Even though the entire thing would be posted all over the net 5 minutes after the chat.

I forgot the time we live in, what was i thinking?

Why does no company ever have a Q&A with the devs on lets say a regular basis.

Example- every Sunday a dev sits down on lets say this forum and answers ALL questions the community asks, not just a Q&A that are selected as being "The best Questions" which sometimes are not the best questions. Picking and choosing the easiest questions.

Joe public is in fact paying their wages.

Are they afraid to answer some of the questions that would be thrown at them by joe public?

I think it would bring the the public and the company closer together.

Would you guys like a set time and regular Q&A on this forum with a dev, where you could ask anything you wanted to ask them?

What would your one question be?

C Programmers do not speak in any known human language and eat raw meat .... you dont want to meet one.

Wait till they have fanfair and you can ask them in Q&A.

For space combat...I am actually glad its a rail shooter and not space sim. Just my preference.

And, I rather they spend that one or two hours on SUNDAY with their family or do what they want to do. They are just human beings like us.

They could make it 1 question per account!

There are still hundreds of thousands of us and a very limited number of them. This board is overrun on a regular day...imagine how fast things would move (and the web servers crashed) if they did an ask the devs session.

Example- every Sunday a dev sits down

Gee that's hard :D Problem is people is game development do work hard (like 60-80 hours a week) and to answer questions takes time. Time away from development. Suggesting Sunday is just mean :p

Also think about formulating them community friendly, approving them, sending them over to legal department, back to developer for clarification, editing and finally having a marketing guy write it all new, that's EXPENSIVE :D

Dude, as someone working a 9 to 5, if someone was to take up my sunday for 2 hours because "i have nothing better to do", id tell them where they could take that flying $$%&

Youre absolutely right i have nothing better to do then, i planned it thus! i get to have downtime as well, you know :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.