buffing, can someone explain it to me?

Zylaro

Hi, someone teamed with me yesterday and was buffing me (I realise this now) but wasn't sure what the buff actually does, is it healing? and I had no idea how to buff back again and said so. They talked me through it, and I will practise buffing others but would like to know a bit more about what its all about.

Each class has a special buff they can bestow on their party members, and themselves. If you hit "P" it will bring up a list of your abilities.

When you activate it, it will effect all members in your party; you don't need to recast it for each member. Each buff lasts an hour.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

thanks for your help that explains a lot.

Buffing abilities temporarily boost offensive and defensive stats of yourself and other within your grouped party. Want examples of such buffs?

yes please, my main character atm is a jedi sentinel. Thanks!

Look at your character portrait, on the left hand side at the top are some little pictures, these are the buffs, put the mouse over them to see what they are. If you Right Click with the mouse it will cancel the buff (so don't do that).

For Republic the main class ones are:

Force Valour - http://www.torhead.com/ability/cWyCAeO/force-valor - Consular

Force Might - http://www.torhead.com/ability/aGSMUHZ/force-might - Knight

Lucky Shots - http://www.torhead.com/ability/7tMOfSc/lucky-shots - Smuggler

Fortification - http://www.torhead.com/ability/1ogsKNw/fortification - Trooper

There are identical value buffs for the opposite (evil) factions buffs as well, with different names).

You also get buffs from Stims, Bantha Steaks (check the cantina bar man), and temporary abilities and Relics.

As someone mentioned if you click your buff skill everyone your grouped with thats in range will get it as well.

You don't actully have to be grouped with someone to buff them tho. If you target anyone of the same faction as you and click your buff it will go on them.

Be warned tho if the person you buff is flagged for pvp it will automatically flag you as well, this happens if your grouped with a pvp flagged person also.

As someone mentioned if you click your buff skill everyone your grouped with thats in range will get it as well.

You don't actully have to be grouped with someone to buff them tho. If you target anyone of the same faction as you and click your buff it will go on them.

Be warned tho if the person you buff is flagged for pvp it will automatically flag you as well, this happens if your grouped with a pvp flagged person also.

Not only that, but if you buff another person, and they have group members nearby, those group members will also receive the buff.

thanks for the info and cautionary warning

This explains a lot, and is kinda a bummer.

I was going to write a screed here about all the sudden learning 'that' little nugget, but I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'm going to go loiter somewhere else with it.

But good information, thank you. :)

Other things to keep in mind...

When party member(s) die and get rev'd, they have to re-issue the buffs

When playing solo, I often trade buffs with other solo players. Nice mall bonus for 60mins

At the end of a mission, I reset the buff before we split the group, so they get anoher 60mins of buff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.