The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

They killed a whole class

Sathid

Practice kiting. I kill OPs on my sub 30 Vanguard all the time (even 50s before the bracket changes). One of the easiest kills out there because I can actually use some tactics and play to my strengths and their weakness.

LOL

E for effort. I would LOVE to see a video of this. Sub 30 vanguard survives level 50 Operative burst, more at 11.

Either you are full of crap or you play against some terrible operatives.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, everyone else is crazy and you're the correct one :confused:

Just learn to play your new character and have a good time. Otherwise unsub if it bothers you so much.

Or? Maybe just re-roll as a Sage since they apparently just dominate pvp :rolleyes:

Maybe most of you cheering for this are just plain terrorible players,thats really the only thing i come away with from this.

You must be doing it wrong then. I get up at 25% and maybe burst for 3-5k (Shockstrike ~3k and High impact Bolt ~1900.....if they both crit). After those 2 are used I'm usually dead.

The bottom line is that you kill people that can't fight back. I'm a tank and can get off 2, maybe 3 moves before I die. What about the non-tank classes? They can't even fight back bro.

Following up on that when i play deception ASsasin with half abotu half cent half champ: Coming out from stealth with leg cut for disorient thats broken by dmg doing 2 voltaics to build up shock charge :

at this point i either get stunned so have to break out or have time to activate recklessness relic and adrenal and hit you with shock overcharge and probably maul . If im lucky i will do crit for 3 maybe 4k if i built full overcharge stack .

This all takes ages even with shortcuts animation on voltaic slash can be slow and at no point is the enemy helpless . I have stun but at no point am in position where enemy cant do anything to prevent me from killing as maul from stealth isnt exactly high burst.

Of course i could be doing it all wrong as im sure the forum pros will tell me but compare this to the two 6-9k crits from op while you are completely unable to respond to 6-8k from pressing god knows how many buttons waitign through animations and this can be borked up at any point by a stun.

Op burst was fubar there is no contest.

After reading multiple threads this is the thing that I find the most ridiculous:

Opr/Smg are saying that the fact they possess the vanish ability is inconsequential because it has a long cooldown. Opr/Smg are fine because everyone in the game has a "trinket" ability. What? The trinket ability has a long cd too. Why is it that the trinket ability is somehow a valid argument for Opr/Smg but when vanish is mentioned it doesn't matter because it has a long cd and is somehow worthless because of it?

I'm trying to say this as clearly as possible, but what I'm trying to say may seem confusing. What I'm trying to say is... It seems like a very hypocritical argument that is being made by the Opr/Smg classes.

On another note:

I don't understand the argument of having friends with you. For those of us aware of how fast a concealment op can rip through you it hardly matters if someone is standing next to you when you die in seconds. The people near you barely have time to react before you're dead. I play an operative but I play the medical tree and I get absolutely shredded by concealment operatives. Attempting to get a heal off is impossible once you add an interrupt into the equation as well. The only way I can survive is to vanish and hope my teammates can manage to kill the operative. However, this usually results in the operative vanishing, finding me again, and killing me when I have no way to escape. Then I get to enjoy being stalked all match by said operative which in turn makes me completely worthless for the duration of the warzone. Fun times.

Now try and tell me and the millions of other people who feel the same that your class doesn't need nerfed. Someone people just have a really difficult time accepting the fact that they aren't pro... their class was.