My only concern with starting late. PvP Server question

Bmetalful

I'm going to play on a PvP server and I haven't gotten invited to play yet. If I get in tomorrow or later, will I be getting ganked by a bunch of bored level 50's when I'm level 10 - 30?

Basically, is the game set up so that high levels can't pick on low levels? Or is it free game for angry nerds to come over to my level 10 area and destroy me over and over again?

I don't care about people getting head starts, cause in a month it won't matter anyways. I just don't want it to hinder my leveling. Can someone explain it please?

DONT TELL ME ITS MY FAULT FOR PLAYING ON A PVP SERVER you PvE trolls, I already see that one coming. And if it wasn't, it is now. :p

I'm going to play on a PvP server and I haven't gotten invited to play yet. If I get in tomorrow or later, will I be getting ganked by a bunch of bored level 50's when I'm level 10 - 30?

Basically, is the game set up so that high levels can't pick on low levels? Or is it free game for angry nerds to come over to my level 10 area and destroy me over and over again?

I don't care about people getting head starts, cause in a month it won't matter anyways. I just don't want it to hinder my leveling. Can someone explain it please?

DONT TELL ME ITS MY FAULT FOR PLAYING ON A PVP SERVER you PvE trolls, I already see that one coming. And if it wasn't, it is now. :p

You dnt meet the republic side till like lvl 25 or 30 so it doesnt matter if someone started before you

Probably not. Firstly: the sides have no access to each other untill tatooine (mid-twenties) second: anyone who hit 50 within a week was exploiting, no doubt about it. So there shouldn't be bored level 50s running around when you get it. That's impossible. Third: When we do get a lot of level 50s, most of them will either be running around Ilum doing the high end PvP, or will be rolling new characters to play through other stories/sides. It will not be a gankfest.

clearly you need to read the mechanics and such... the WZ's have normalized damage and healing. and i don't think you can travel to the homeworlds and gank people.

This isn't a completely invalid concern but I've played a lot of MMO's and always on a pvp server. I rolled on a pvp server in the largest MMO to date about 6 months after launch (on a day 1 server) and yes I got ganked, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I also took a hell of a lot of revenge when I finally lvl capped. :D

Probably not. Firstly: the sides have no access to each other untill tatooine (mid-twenties) second: anyone who hit 50 within a week was exploiting, no doubt about it. So there shouldn't be bored level 50s running around when you get it. That's impossible. Third: When we do get a lot of level 50s, most of them will either be running around Ilum doing the high end PvP, or will be rolling new characters to play through other stories/sides. It will not be a gankfest.

actually the part about not havin access until mid=twenties isnt 100% true. last day of beta was gettin ganked by 50's travelin between starter planet and corruscant by 2 level 50's. always plauin on pvp servers behind the curve and suckin at pvp has made me immune to it though.

Luckly, you don't have to run back for corpse. Just respawn at the nearest medical station and that's it. Of course, they might camp the medical station but also there will be more people at the station if that was a gankfest. Combined forces usually gank the gankers.

But of course, sometimes gankers work as a team... Better get used to the /1 channel, I guess.

Edited by Aeryel

Hey there!

A) They just added new servers so you shouldn't be all that far behind if you decide to roll one of these newer servers

B) I have been playing MMOs for a good while everytime on a PVP server, during vanilla WoW (just using this as an example), there really wasn't all that much ganking going on, people were more focused on attacking towns/settlements, and random ganks =/= camping

C) Most higher levels will leave lower levels alone (personally my rule is if I see them in the real world I will /wave or /greet them if they reply there are times where I will actually help them out since they are pleasent) Other than that my rule is if its more than 10 levels below me to leave them alone, that rule gets thrown out if they are harassing someone in my guild or a friend of mine, and I have been known to take gold bounties on people griefing people

D) Trust me I doubt you have that much to worry about, it will go like this: Everyone power level to 50, those who are going to take a more relaxed pace will know level 50s and if someone gets them and camps them then your friends will usually be more than happy to come help you out

I hope this helped, but all in all its my opinion on my experience over the past several years

I thank even if ppl played 2 days straight they wouldnt be lvl50.Also after 2 nights of no sleep they will need to get some shut eye soon!

Sleep is for the weak my friend :D

Cata Release, I missed Realm first for my class by about an hour and I would of had it too if not for a stupid final.....

I bet there are a lot of people on right now with multiple 4 packs of red bull going without sleep living on caffiene

Sleep is for the weak my friend :D

Cata Release, I missed Realm first for my class by about an hour and I would of had it too if not for a stupid final.....

I bet there are a lot of people on right now with multiple 4 packs of red bull going without sleep living on caffiene

sad but true ya. Although I can't really make fun of them. There is a lot of excitement over the release of a new MMO or Expansion. Binging on caffeine for a few days to keep up with the excitement would be fun if I was young again. :p

sad but true ya. Although I can't really make fun of them. There is a lot of excitement over the release of a new MMO or Expansion. Binging on caffeine for a few days to keep up with the excitement would be fun if I was young again. :p

HAHA you are only as young as you feel :o

I know for me myself, I don't really plan on rolling/levelling too hard, I want to enjoy all that will be being presented to me