Day / night cycles

dalehitchy

Do you think that having this in game would have made your story less apealling and effective. Personally, I don't see one point where I thought - omg that's an amazing scene .. I'm glad it wasn't nite time when i saw that.

I'm pretty disappointed that there isnt a immersive world in swtor (compared to other bioware games) .... I see static animations, little to no talking between npcs and barely any music when I'm exploring ... (hate to bring up wow but I played it for a year and still remember the music from storm wind, westlands and many other areas.

I agree. And I said so months ago in beta. And a lot since then. Also I feel shifting crafting from character to companions further hurt immersion. And "scan" harvesting was lazy too. Weather is also distinctly lacking. A little rain on Dromund Kaas is all I saw of it so far.

But I also feel that right now there are MONUMENTALLY more important things to worry about than this. Yes, it kills the immersion, but right now there's so many things that are killing the whole game that it's not worth worrying about. Like having bad breath when you are having your head chopped off - in a few seconds, nobody is going to care, least of all you.

I agree. And I said so months ago in beta. And a lot since then. Also I feel shifting crafting from character to companions further hurt immersion. And "scan" harvesting was lazy too. Weather is also distinctly lacking. A little rain on Dromund Kaas is all I saw of it so far.

But I also feel that right now there are MONUMENTALLY more important things to worry about than this. Yes, it kills the immersion, but right now there's so many things that are killing the whole game that it's not worth worrying about. Like having bad breath when you are having your head chopped off - in a few seconds, nobody is going to care, least of all you.

True... I have a months sub but I have stopped playing. No doubt there are bigger problems, I've noticed when I play games that I'm such a nit picker when It comes to sound, music and immersion. I perhaps thought swtor would be great at all of them.

Personally I could care less about day/night cycles. At best they were an inconvenience, and at worst I never noticed them. At times needing to alter my gamma settings did break my immersion, and with as dark as some areas already are, well, you get the idea.

I do have to disagree with you about the NPCs. A few examples: on Taris, I knew that the Rakghouls were going to have force sensitives simply from listening to a pair of NPCs talk about it. On Hutta, I giggled as some guy tried to pick up a girl in the cantina, and obviously failed at it. There have been more, and a few times (Belsavis) I even stopped to listen (and giggled at the writer's sick sense of humour).

Of course, I also didn't blaze through everything, and I'm well known to simply stop and smell the roses at times.

I will say that weather would be a WONDERFUL addition though. I miss the rain storms, or dust storms, a bit of fog, and the like. Those things really bring immersion to me.

If ya want real immersion then it should be-

"ho hum, I'm clearing the poison dust off some flowers for this nice villager, who will then give me the super secret Imperial document."

9999 bursts from every angle on screen, you have Knights of the Round flashbacks.

Star Destroyer has ended your threat to the Empire.

Wait for probe or insta-warp to the med station?

GG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.