Leveling Skill Question

hostileseventeen

I am going to be creating an alt, and from leveling my main, it seemed I was out leveling my crafting. Would it make more sense to just select no crafting skills and use either gathering or mission skills? Sell what I find on the AH and buy gear/mods ect? Then maybe select something like Biochem at 50 and level it when I have lots of money?

So basically, is it worth leveling no crafting skills and if so, what do you think would be good options?

By outleveling your crafting, what do you mean? Do you mean that you didn't collect enough raw materials on a planet to get the craft above the level where those raw materials are needed, or do you just mean you were creating stuff below the level of stuff you would get normally.

I think leveling as you go is the way to go. I have four characters, each with a Crafting, Gathering, and Missions skill. It really accelerates once you get your second companion (level 16 or so). That's because you can have a companion with you, and always have one off doing Missions, or Crafting.

Cheers.

By outleveling your crafting, what do you mean? Do you mean that you didn't collect enough raw materials on a planet to get the craft above the level where those raw materials are needed, or do you just mean you were creating stuff below the level of stuff you would get normally.

I think leveling as you go is the way to go. I have four characters, each with a Crafting, Gathering, and Missions skill. It really accelerates once you get your second companion (level 16 or so). That's because you can have a companion with you, and always have one off doing Missions, or Crafting.

Cheers.

Well, the stuff I am making is below what I am getting for rewards most of the time. So I am finding little use for what I find. I was sending my 2nd companion out, but money was an issue, so sometimes I just didn't have the money to send him out.

Just vendor everything you craft. Don't bother trying to keep up with the Mission skill too much, just do it every now and again. Focus on your gathering and crafting ones and dont' buy everyone recipe, only ones needed to skill up. Once you get your ship, make sure to do space missions for good credit income. Don't buy anything on the GTN, and only get abilities that you know you're going use, and don't bother buying others.

Cheers.