Can I get some help/advice on my FPS?

Kipp

I'm running:

GIGABYTE GA-870A-USB3 AMD 870 Motherboard

AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8Ghz AM3 CPU

Vapor-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E

8 GB of RAM

My FPS goes as low a single digits to high 30's. Changing my settings seems to have little to no affect. The Fleet is horrid.

Anything I can look at to change? DO I need to upgrade my Video card?

Edited by Kipp

Has it always been horrid or post patch horrid?

Last patch gave me some real issues. I was able to get them resolved by switching all settings at once with the universal toggle then going back to my chosen settings. (Patch essentially set all settings on high and adjusting just a few sliders made no difference and sliders weren't even accurately showing what I was set at as far as I could tell after readjusting.)

so try set everything to high then back to low. If that isn't doing it adjust the low downward.

It seems like its gotten worse with each patch. I'll try changing en measse to High, then to Low, and then from there.

The game is just very poorly programmed and coded.

So poorly in fact that it shouldn't have ever been published in this state. The HERO engine, the code that drives SWTOR has no single redeeming element about it that would somehow qualify it for an MMO.

Yet here we are.

Yes, better hardware can improve your FPS, but 90% of the fault lies with Bioware for using this terrible, abysmal engine and spending little time and effort in optimizing it for mass-use.

Edited by Dee-Jay