healing: transitioning from regulars to heroics

kobizzle

so i guess this thread could probably be applied to all classes/roles in general, but since im a healer and ive only ever played a healer, it shall be listed here....

anyways, ya i just hit 50. i'm ready to start running HM's. and i'm gettin my arse handed to me. my question is should i be starting with BT HM? or are all HM's on the same level in terms of difficulty??

i know in other MMO's you need a certain "item level" before you qualify to enter these Heroic or HM instances. is that the same situation here?

if this is the case, I'm not really sure where I should be getting gear from. as it stands i tried running Kaon last night on regular and we wiped several times on the robot boss towards the end with a pretty solid group. which is pretty demoralizing.

if anyone has any advice or tips regarding transitioning from regulars to heroics i'd appreciate it.

thx.

Before you start HMs you want to make sure all of your gear and mods are in the 45-50 range, definitely closer to 50. PvP gear makes a decent stopgap if you are really pressed. HM BT is definitely the easiest, I would say FE is the next in terms of difficulty. If you are having trouble with HM BT/FE though I would suggest running normal Ilum/FE until you get all level 50 gear.

Get to know a good synthweaver, one that's a sorcerer really helps. Why? They'll have RE'd all the recipes they want to use themselves. You can get some level 50 (even though they SAY level 49) prototypes with augment slots.

Maybe a couple grade 126 pieces.

Note that the 'primeval' pieces are slightly worse than their level 49 counterparts(depending on what stat), and they're more expensive.

Did I mention the augment slots? They're important to have.