This Vitriol is Getting Insane

Fablis

I know that everyone has strong opinions about this game and that it can be a gigantic pain when things don't go right for you. Can we all just realize that we are one of hundreds of thousands of players and that one thing that will drastically improve someone's game might actually hinder someone else. This kind of balancing and bug-fixing that the teams are working on (and if you think they've actually slept much lately, you're probably mistaken) introduces lots of new variables into the game that all need to be tested and fixed - potentially introducing even MORE issues, etc. To say that the game is completely broken (when at the bare MINIMUM there are 100 hours of game time if you only do one republic and one imperial character - and we know that's underestimating by a large margin) is ludicrous. If it was broken, there would be no way for anyone to get to level 50.

Myself, I'm having a great time with this game (and I've only gotten to level 31 with one character after a month). Are there issues, sure, but I've invested far more time with this game over the past month than the last 5 games that I've purchased full retail for (>$300 on those games alone) so spending $60, with a recurring monthly payment of $15 is a small price to pay for something that I'll be playing for at least a few more months if not throughout the year. Try to go into this game with less expectations, and you never know what you might find. If you truly can't get past the bugs at the moment, that's fine, but why all the hatred on these forums? Thank you all for your time, and to any mods who read this keep up the good work and keep the bug-fixes coming. Thanks.

Edited by Fablis

It comes from many people thinking that if you disagree with them your point is invalid just for that fact. I don't know where this ideology came from, maybe entitlement, but either way it is just flat out stupid. Forums used to be a place where a person could go for discussion, and to view new ideas. Now they are just a bunch of self feeding morons, who will insult you at every turn if you have an even slightly different opinion.

The problem is that the two factions (the love its and hate its) would rather spend their time arguing about the character of someone's post rather than the content. It's the old "oh noes they hate it so they must be a troll despite my ability to see through simple words and extrapolate a meaning" situation.

If someone is criticizing the game and makes banal generalizations, maybe we should just listen to their complaints instead of assigning them labels? And if someone is defending the game and makes banal generalizations, maybe we should listen to their praise instead of assigning them labels.

If we'd just stop attacking each other and just focus on what people are really saying, some of the bickering on this forum would melt away...

The vitriol here is nothing. This is the Internet. Vitriol should be expected.

The reason it has gotten worse in recent days is the idiotic way they implemented Ilum PvP. All they had to do was look at the history of other games to see how the faction imbalance was going to play out in Ilum.

Additionally, their testing was crap and they let a game breaking bug(going into an enemy base to camp spawn points) go live. Their response has led people to believe there would be account action against them because they PvP'd on a server with a ridiculous faction imbalance.

Add these issues to the pathetic LFG tool and more people hitting 50 and being bored standing at fleet trying to make a group and you have a significant portion of the player base that is unhappy with BW's response to issues.

I know that everyone has strong opinions about this game and that it can be a gigantic pain when things don't go right for you. Can we all just realize that we are one of hundreds of thousands of players and that one thing that will drastically improve someone's game might actually hinder someone else.

Stopped there. The second sentence is just such a bull****.

Please tell me who is profiting from the current CD bug, that as it seems, doesn't properly work? Who on earth would profit from that? The NPC bosses?.. I bet they have a laugh, those bugged sons of ******

Very well put. This is, sadly, the nature of the internet and gaming community in general. A visit to any public forum will prove that. The anonymity of the web gives people courage and removes the most basic level of manners and decency. At the risk of someone replying and saying that I'm just a fanboy because I don't have the same opinion, I'll go ahead and say that I'm having a great time too. And, by the way, if I was a fanboy I would have played that horrid piece that was SWG or Warhammer (which is a setting that I am far more fond of than Star Wars). I play what I like and only what I like, if anything a poorly done game in a genre that I love will make me cancel quicker than anything.

Stopped there. The second sentence is just such a bull****.

Please tell me who is profiting from the current CD bug, that as it seems, doesn't properly work? Who on earth would profit from that? The NPC bosses?.. I bet they have a laugh, those bugged sons of ******

That was mainly meant as a generalization and not specifically towards the current issues, which admittedly is an issue. Please refrain from the language, even if its asterisked away. Thanks.

Greetings,

We're glad to hear you are enjoying the game and we appreciate the feedback!

We know it can be frustrating to see negativity, but we ask that our members refrain from focusing the discussion on the behavior of other members. No matter how good the original intention, these types of threads seem to bring out the people who want to spread more negativity and incite bad behavior in others.

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your cooperation!