Presence of Mind - Badly needs new spell animation.

ThinkIdentical

I'm referring to the talent in the fourth tier of the Balance tree: Presence of Mind.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/9KVInlS/presence-of-mind

Right now, when this buff procs, the glow it puts on my character is very difficult to see. It blends in with Force Armor.

This buff is a pretty important part of my rotation, and I want to use it immediately, but I miss it sometimes because I am not staring at my character frame.

WoW has auras that are part of the UI that notify you about important spell effects. Before WoW added this to the default UI, there was an addon called Power Auras Classic that did this.

If there's no similar UI element, there needs to be very obvious spell animations to notify me that a buff is up, so I don't have to stare at my character frame, which really isn't fun - I'd rather look at the game.

BH-Mercenary has a procced buff called Barrage, and this is a very, very obvious spell effect. PoM needs a similarly obvious spell effect.

Edited by ThinkIdentical

Anyone else agree with me about this? How do you guys (balance-spec consulars) monitor for PoM? You just stare at the player frame while your channeling throw?

I've also noticed sometimes the glow the buff puts on my character doesn't go away when the buff is gone sometimes.

It's a nightmare to see.

^ Keep an eye on your bar. It's annoying, but really, not having UI addons is even worse for healers. Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch eight (or more) tiny OP frame buff/debuffs? While also not trying to get yourself killed?

(I know you can enlarge the ops health/etc, but the buffs are still small and hard to see - especially when you're still learning the game and the different abilities enemy players/new content bosses use.)

Someday we will have addons. Someday...

Yeah, I don't know what BW was thinking with these raid frames. I just don't get it. They have to have employees that raid in WoW, right? No mouseover support, and I can't see the buffs at all. I'm trying to watch people for the force imbalance debuff for reshield, and it's impossible. I don't even know why they put the buffs on the frame at all, I could care less. I just want to see dispelable debuffs and stuff that's relevant to me, and they need to be bigger.

But I don't heal much, so I'd really just be happy with a better, more noticable spell effect for PoM.

This buff is a pretty important part of my rotation, and I want to use it immediately, but I miss it sometimes because I am not staring at my character frame.

the math has been done, using this on anything less than refreshing mind crush, or telekinetic wave(tier 3 talent in telekinetics if you specced that way) on burn phases, is a dps loss over just spamming telekinetic throw. People put too much weight on this talent. it is useful, but not a huge dps loss if you don't see it proc.

Edited by malivar

PoM is easy to manage. Its 30% in each tick and the spell has 4 ticks. Since you are going to use it almost exclusively with Mind Crush, the prob that PoM will proc again before the CD of Mind Crush expires is high.

Try to manage the procs from Shadow's Particle Acceleration and Force Strike.

Anyone else agree with me about this? How do you guys (balance-spec consulars) monitor for PoM? You just stare at the player frame while your channeling throw?

I've also noticed sometimes the glow the buff puts on my character doesn't go away when the buff is gone sometimes.

It's a nightmare to see.

Actually I completely disagree.

It's not hard to keep an eye on your buff bar and frankly I don't want people to know that I have PoM up in PvP, because they'll either run or start healing up faster if they can tell I'm holding back an instant cast.

Actually I completely disagree.

It's not hard to keep an eye on your buff bar and frankly I don't want people to know that I have PoM up in PvP, because they'll either run or start healing up faster if they can tell I'm holding back an instant cast.

Agreed. I don't want anyone to know I have PoM ready to be used so any aura would be a very tiny drawback.

I think a compromise would be like in Rift when your spells proc a tiny little notification pops up right next to your character. Watching the bar isn't hard, but I'd like something a little more in the field of my gameplay. Diverting my eyes to the bar takes a little way from the overall play for me.

I agree with you. Trying out a TK build right now. I didnt even realize till i ran a flash point there was a animation for my Tidal Force proc. It was concealed by my companion heals and enemy attacks. Also the icon for psychic projection is a hand on a yellow background, just like force valor and telekinetic effusion. It can be confusing.