What Exploit?

Yuuj

I posted this on another thread:

Point is, you aren't going to find an overwhelming amount of data on the issue. You'll find pieces of bones that looked just like a creature but it won't be breathing.

There is some other junk floating around, but once again, it's not in my interest to persuade you. I didn't quit because of the valor rollbacks. Mostly because of the ability lags and the fact that Bioware is a little rusty when it comes to PvP. ;(

I understand! Thanks for that response but I'm not going to lie, it wasn't very helpful at all. Over the course of two minutes that player did not gain an a whole lot of valor.

I have to admit, I find the "Players won't admit/provide evidence that they cheated" argument to be a little silly. On one hand you say it isn't possible to prove they were cheating because they would never admit it, but in the other you say that you know for a fact they were exploiting.

If the best evidence provided is a video showing a guy gaining what looks like a little over 1.5k valor in two minutes I'm going to have to just say.... this entire thing is being blown out of proportion.

All that 1.1 caused was it revealed a glaring Faction Imbalance, that is it. The only reason this was seen anyway was because it was always there 1.1 just gave us a reason to PvP on Ilum where the Empire numbers would be signifigant.

Actually, if you consider that Huttball was the only war zone you could play vs your same faction, the imbalance was obvious all along. When you play 6 straight war zones of Huttball, against other Imperials, it becomes obvious that there are far, far fewer Reps queued for war zones. It is safe to assume that a similar percentage of Reps enjoy PVP as much as the Empire players, so the extreme number of Huttball games can only be attributed to a population imbalance.

-Ryven

the "exploit" was unintendedly camping of empire players in ilum republic base spawnpoint. republic couldn get out, every time one of the poor guys ressurrected he got instantly killed. there are screenshots with 100+ imps around the rep spawnpoint.

since valor gain for player kills does not decrease with bigger party size all players that could land any kind of (aoe) hit on a respawning player got full valor gain. including the bonusses from ilum it was around 200 valor per kill. standing there and farming the guys who try to just leave the zone in any way resulted in, not insane, but great valor gains. from what ive heard there were spikes of up to 30k valor per hour and 10-15k valor an hour average.

intendedly enemy players instantly die in ilum base, but big numbers of players screwed the engine somehow so they didnt die when entering the base.

being republic side and not being camped i got 8k valor per hour while zerging against 1:2 imbalanced playerbase

Edited by theMornox

of course there was an exploit, it was sitting on the spawn spamming aoes sucking up mad valor for nothing against people who couldnt fight back, those who are claiming it wasnt much either are just that poor at the game they couldnt figure out what to do or are desperately trying to sow their own mis-information in the hope that they dont get their ill gotten gains wound back.

I understand! Thanks for that response but I'm not going to lie, it wasn't very helpful at all. Over the course of two minutes that player did not gain an a whole lot of valor.

I have to admit, I find the "Players won't admit/provide evidence that they cheated" argument to be a little silly. On one hand you say it isn't possible to prove they were cheating because they would never admit it, but in the other you say that you know for a fact they were exploiting.

If the best evidence provided is a video showing a guy gaining what looks like a little over 1.5k valor in two minutes I'm going to have to just say.... this entire thing is being blown out of proportion.

Yeah, of course. And I know, there's really no definite answer so don't worry about it. Haha. It's a very skeptical issue. I can't prove that it happened nor will I deny its happening. All I prove is that Bioware has faction imbalance issues on Ilum. :p

Empire players camped Republic players and killed them as they where spawing, before they could react. BioWare has stated it was not working as intended. Every Imp knows what they did, we all know what happened. Now the Empire players who laughed there Gluteus maximuses off want to belittle everything and BioWare wants to claim Republic was doing it too, so it seems fair. We all know the truth. Edited by Derfmiolleh

So, since BW did not broadcast a message to stop exploiting and to stop spawn camping its ok

I know I'm old but when has any mmo in that ten years let you spawn camp.

It is a behavior that should not be tolerated.

If you were there (republic or sith ) and you spawn camped

in my mind there are only two actions

Ban them

or

Delete all there valor and pvp commendations

BW you claim you want to have strong community how about

making us, the ones that are paying to play, know how will

resolve this.

So, since BW did not broadcast a message to stop exploiting and to stop spawn camping its ok

Ban them

or

resolve this.

Literally every MMO that has ever had PvP lets you spawn camp.

Ban them

or

resolve this.

SWG We used to camp them coming out of the cloner and totchee station. But then you could just unflag yourself and you couldn't be touched.

Literally every MMO that has ever had PvP lets you spawn camp.

I probably don't have much experience in MMOs as some people in this community do, but there was spawn camping in pvp in SWG, GW, PotS, and WAR, or I was at least unable to get out of where I was spawned cause the other faction just camped there, which in my opinion just as bad.

Edit: Honestly, I don't know why they didn't make spawn points that blocks the other faction from entering to begin with.

Edited by Seductivpancakes

Spawn camping is a small part of greater issue here

The mentality of unless "I'm" told by a dev it is not cheating,

There are numerous hacks cheats out there.

Most if not all use lag to trick the server, that is what happen

one or two guys did not get in the "protected zone" and camp I have videos

that show this, and there are many on the web

Under

Rules of Conduct

A 17) Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

A 20) Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

C 1) Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

C 5) Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.

So to answer the first poster

THERE IS YOUR EXPLOIT

Edited by dbluett

Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

lol. I guess you utilized some selective reading?

There was no exploit. Spawn camping is not an exploit.

Edited by TetraCleric