Different approach to PVP Pyro.

jorgehyde

Basically by playing around with the skill calc and trying to figure out a pyro build with all the talents I want I came up with this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMcoZcIrrzMGMs.1

It's basically an instant cast, rapid shot spam build, without Prototype Particle Accelerator for constant mobility.

Pretty much just a PVP build that rotates:

Incendiary Missile

Thermal Detonator

Rail Shot

Missile Blast x2

Rapid Shot spam till TD cd is up, repeat.

Use vent heat, thermal sensor override, power surge on fusion missile or missile blast for quick burst spam.

This rotation keeps me from heat capping and if for some reason I do heat cap I have no problem spamming snaring rapid shots which I think is an underrated ability.

I think Missile Blast is also underrated for a high damage instant cast with no cd and i definitely prefer it to cumbersome power shot and the talents required to make it efficient.

This is more of a play style build, where i don't have to turret arsenal style and can maintain range with out sacrificing a rotation. I seem to do well in warzones maintaining high damage and medal counts.

It's an ability that is sometimes up and can't be used on the run... that right there mitigates its value in PvP a great deal.

Plus, we have a plethora of single-target attacks which can't be done while moving so it isn't exactly critical to have on the action bar.