Stop the WoW comparisons!

LukeSaberRattler

When the game was announced they stated they can build an MMO that is story driven. Not redesign the MMO genre so they are looking for RPG players not just MMO players.

The story mechanic comes to a grinding halt at level 50, at which point SWToR falls back on the same standard MMO mechanics as the competition you don't want it to be compared to. And if they intend to keep players after they reach level 50, you can be sure they need to offer a similar level of gameplay and quality as a game like WoW at that point.

Or, they can find a new style of end-game to keep players busy with. That would be awesome too. Unfortunately, they didn't go that route. They went the same route as WoW and are charging the same prices as WoW, thus need to offer the same level of service as Blizzard or face some justified ridicule.

Edited by Apax

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW compared to a toaster.

1.. TOASTER. Its basic function is to make toast from bread. it also has a variable heat/duration setting that creates different textures of toast. the end result is a versatile product that you can do much with, like a broad array of different kinds of sandwiches. they can come in custom colors, and have a broad spectrum of price ranges. for the most part they are very dependable. toasters are a necessity and make life much more livable and happier. IVE even used it to light my cigarettes. i give this product an A

2. WOW. an endless amount of patches that comeplety rewrite the game resulting in trying to relearn the game once a year. PANDAS....need i say more? dumbed down gaming mechanics. WOW is not a necessity nore is dependable...i give this product a D

Edited by displaynamee

Am I the only one that can't stand the WoW comparisons? Every posts has 10+ people saying WoW has less bugs, or a more feature rich system. Just stop you can't compare an MMO with 1 month of live game time to one that has had years of fine tuning and work done on it.

SWTOR for me has had an insanely good start and should keep getting better. Sure there could be stumbles like the Ilum issue but they are not abandoning people. And all you people that have to have everything now should grow up! It's called patience there are plenty of other things to do in this great game to keep you busy until issues are resolved.

/signed