Does anyone plan on making choices how they want to play the game? not for ls/ds pts?

chillenword

Do I get any tangible reward for doing it? Yah, I thought so, tying gear to alignment is a bad bad idea. Regardless I'll be doing it because I honestly don't care for the cosmetic options in those store, unless they affect companions.

I was keen to know if there is any disadvantage to being a grey jedi as well. I know certain colour crystals are restricted to ls 1 and up and ds 1 and up. But if we stayed grey, not light or dark, are we able to use all colour crystals? Also if we did stay grey would we miss out on certain gear?

Actually, this seems like a valid question. I'm curious about it too.

In the limited time I got in the Beta, I found a few lightsabers that said something like "but be light side rank 1 to use" or something like that. And that was just at level 15. I assume there will be more gear at higher levels.

So I assume that if I play a "chaotic-random" alignment and just pick whichever dialog seems funny or clever, the result is that I will get some light side points and some dark side points and probably I will find some gear sometimes that I cannot use because I haven't been completely true to one side.

Is that assumption true? Or is this just limited to cosmetic stuff and it won't really matter much?

During Beta they said that going Grey(balancing light & dark) was something they would like to add as a choice with its own set of rewards. Last I heard they were hoping to have some of this in for launch, and if not then soon after.

Currently you can earn light/dark usable only gear by earning light/dark points, so have a neutral version of this, especially for Smugglers & Bounty Hunters is something many of us want.

I'm wondering this myself as I would prefer to play the game however I feel like and not be worried that i'm missing out on essential gear. If it is just cosmetic stuff then I won't care one bit.

I agree, I want to play the game freely but at the same time I don't want to feel like I might be putting myself into a position where its hard to get decent gear later on. If you have to be x light side/dark side points to use certain items I think it would make a bit of a mockery of the light/dark options because it then becomes a decision based on gear not on story.