Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sage is bad at Single Target DPS but good at AOE DPS?

ChromeLight

Sure you do. The 1v1 in EV is a decent indication of how DPS is doing.

There are no numbers, no. But if you can't tell when you're beating/being beaten by another dps you haven't playing a dps long enough.

Edited by NogbadAC

I have almost no issues with single target healing wither in PvP or in Raids. I find that i am fully able to deliver and switch from either single or multi target healing easily.

So many people have a problem with reading the thread, but you didn't even make it all the way through the *********** title. :p

I only rib.

In any event, I think balance/tk hybrid is face-meltery-grade DPS. If I ever actually do DPS it'll be as that. (but I'm a healer right now.)

You have no way to know that.

Sages are just fine.

There's a lvl 49 boss on Corellia that has approx. 200k health and the same immunities as a raid boss. Our tank spams his taunt w/o hitting the mob and we time how long it takes the player to get the target to 10%. Essentially it's a DPS test. So, yes, he does have a way to estimate his DPS.

I'm speced into dots... rarely am I not highest in damage in warzones. Only aoe i ever use is force in balance so that it makes my dots stronger. we don't rely on aoe at all. if you look at the talent tree you will see that there are many different ways to play a sage.

Sure you do. The 1v1 in EV is a decent indication of how DPS is doing.

There are no numbers, no. But if you can't tell when you're beating/being beaten by another dps you haven't playing a dps long enough.

this. If you've spent most your MMO career depending on a DPS meter, then it may be tough for you. I've played enough MMO's without to pay close attention to the signs that show someone is doing more damage.

and there's effective controlled tests if general awareness isn't good enough for ya. Sure, a DPS meter is precise (if its designed well), but the day we need a DPS meter to survive in SWtOR is the day I quit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.