Gunnery and Full Auto

TrueJedi

Not sure how many threads there are about this but, I can't say I'm thrilled 1/3rd of gunnery involves full auto, for two reasons.

1) In beta, rotary cannon was a AoE-directional line attack that hit 4 targets every second for 6 seconds. Had a long range and really valuable damage for how far down the spec tree it was. Really, i had a blast with it. Was proud to see the numbers fly when I unleashed hell on a mob. Really emphasized "gunnery". But they changed it to "+33% Full Auto damage". A 4 person AoE 6 tick assault, to 33% damage on a single target skill that recharges somewhat slow.

2) Full auto is, kinda broken. the attack does a max of 3 ticks of damage after 4 seconds or something right? Only issue is, if your hit once, either by AoE or some reaction shot, your Full auto now does 2 ticks of damage, successfully taking away 33% of your damage. I reduced pushback on it and it still makes 3 ticks 2. Some would say that it's best used when you don't have agro. Ya, but your an AoE beast, you are artillery behind a tank, people won't ignore you for long. That and you lose like, 6 seconds trying to make sure tank gets aggro when you could prolly kill the mob in 3.

The rest of gunnery i like, but I was in love with it back in beta when it actually had an AoE attack for a signature damage spec on a AoE focused class. If anybody else who played commando beta knows what I'm talking about I hope you can see my point of view. Also sorry for the small text wall, just throwing my opinion out there. Also if a dev reads this then hi, and please take to heart how much the AoE rotary canon meant to the commando in beta.

I honestly don't care about the lack of AoE. Partly because I never had it so I can't miss what I never had, and partly because I would MUCH rather have 33% more damage to a single target than turn it into an AoE because it'd have more applications I care about. When clearing out trash we have Mortar Volley, Plasma Grenade, Sticky Grenade, and Hail of Bolts if we need to clear out an area. In heroics where you're constantly using CC any AoE becomes worthless if you're trying to make sure you don't break it. I could see some use in FPs when you're clearing trash but like I said we have AoEs already and also who cares about trash mobs?

On bosses though I want that 33% extra dmg (though if Rotary Cannon as you described did same base dmg as full auto every second, then that would technically be better but man how broken is that?) And bosses are what matter to me.

You're 100% right about how losing a tick of Full Auto if the mob glares angrily at you is BS though.