Ability Action Queue and Ataru Berserk

yillin

I usually play this game with my ability action queue set to 0.5. since they GCD is 1.5 seconds, this allows you to hit an action when the scanner line over an ability is 2/3s the way down and the ability should still go off thanks to the action queue. This does work.

Anyways, when you activate berserk in ataru stance, it is supposed to lower the GCD of vicious slash and massacre by 0.5 seconds, effectively making it a 1.0 second GCD. Of course, the shorter GCD is not visually represented with the GCD scanner line. The line still travels for 1.5 but it allows you to activate those two abilities sooner anyways. Theoretically, you should be able to activate it when the scanner line is 2/3s the way down the portrait. I can do this and it makes my vicious slash (don't have massacre yet) start-up noticeably quicker (so much as to clip the end animation of vicious slash).

I tried setting my ability action queue to 0.0. If you have never done this, I suggest you try it. It seems like abilities activate a bit more promptly. HOWEVER, it seems like this breaks berserk for ataru. I cannot get it vicious slash to activate 0.5 seconds sooner (2/3 distance down the portrait) with the ability action queue set below 0.5. 0.25 also seems to make it not work. Even when I just sit there and spam the crap outta my hotkey for vicious slash it doesn't activate any sooner than not having berserk activate.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this a known issue at all?

TL;DR: Setting ability action queue below 0.5 seems to have an adverse effect on Berserk for Ataru.

I usually play this game with my ability action queue set to 0.5. since they GCD is 1.5 seconds, this allows you to hit an action when the scanner line over an ability is 2/3s the way down and the ability should still go off thanks to the action queue. This does work.

Anyways, when you activate berserk in ataru stance, it is supposed to lower the GCD of vicious slash and massacre by 0.5 seconds, effectively making it a 1.0 second GCD. Of course, the shorter GCD is not visually represented with the GCD scanner line. The line still travels for 1.5 but it allows you to activate those two abilities sooner anyways. Theoretically, you should be able to activate it when the scanner line is 2/3s the way down the portrait. I can do this and it makes my vicious slash (don't have massacre yet) start-up noticeably quicker (so much as to clip the end animation of vicious slash).

I tried setting my ability action queue to 0.0. If you have never done this, I suggest you try it. It seems like abilities activate a bit more promptly. HOWEVER, it seems like this breaks berserk for ataru. I cannot get it vicious slash to activate 0.5 seconds sooner (2/3 distance down the portrait) with the ability action queue set below 0.5. 0.25 also seems to make it not work. Even when I just sit there and spam the crap outta my hotkey for vicious slash it doesn't activate any sooner than not having berserk activate.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this a known issue at all?

TL;DR: Setting ability action queue below 0.5 seems to have an adverse effect on Berserk for Ataru.

I cannot get Beserk or Predation to activate without spamming them no matter what i set the que at. then half the time it just refuses to work. I have these problems with camo aswell. It feels like the ability delay got alot worse since patching.

Your not alone

I cannot get Beserk or Predation to activate without spamming them no matter what i set the que at. then half the time it just refuses to work. I have these problems with camo aswell. It feels like the ability delay got alot worse since patching.

Your not alone

If you've got a target & you try to cast it too far from it it'll bug out, for some reason it thinks it needs to be in melee range to cast it??

Lose target, try again sorted.