The Massacre at Ilum - A Lore Opportunity

Praethon

Despite the atrocity that is currently Ilum, I see a profound opportunity to further the Empire's story in this current timeline. What has happened on numerous servers after the 1.1 patch was essentially an unintended world event, and a very brutal expression of Imperial dominance (read 'player favoritism').

So why not capitalize on it and incorporate it into the lore. These will be times 'veteran' players will speak of in the future anyway, may as well make it official.

Maybe send us all a nifty color crystal too to commemorate the occasion! *nudge nudge*

Joking aside, lets hear opinions on The Massacre at Ilum!

Edited by Praethon

You think players will remember the Sith dominating Ilum a year from now? This isn't Hillsbrad Foothills fights, where it's giant faction vs faction extravaganzas. It's just Sith overpopulation. It's crappy now but nobody will remember or care in a few months when there are more 50s

I think it's a great idea tbh. Many things in history often came about by accident. A statue and lore object plaque can be placed nearby to give future 50s an idea of TOR history... history not intentionally created by the developers, but created in part by the players themselves.

Massacre & Ilum. Nice ring!

It isnt supposed to be the back and forth battles of TM and SS. As soon as this gets patched, theoretically the incentive wont be there for this type of gathering. I'm Republic, sure it sucks but man it was cool to see something interesting happen for once in the game outside of questing.

Something centered on the players...

I'm sure devs are sweating bullets over a fix, but the Ilum glitches dont have to be all bad. Future content could point to these types of events, and players would feel like they were a part of something real, something that they themselves manifested and took part in.

Despite the glitches, story immersion in this game is pretty well polished and possibly the biggest saving grace it has to offer.