Alderaan and poor mission progression

Maitland

This is not an angry post thread, so don't whine in the responses please.

I've been making my way through Alderaan, and am about 3/4 the way through. I have found that missions consistently force you to backtrack through previously cleared areas due to poor placement of mission hubs. The most obvious examples being "The Defense Tower" and the Cryoban quest chain.

This seems like a big botching of player progression paths and quest placements, but it is occasionally a fault of where you are in a quest, and when you can recieve another quest for the same area, typically after one is complete.

The quests themselves are fun enough, but the constant reclearing, even during quests, is a major PITA. :(

Many zones share this issue, and the rethinking of quest hubs and when quests become available is a necessity. Alderaan is merely the current and most obvious example to me.

Thanks for reading my concerns.

Edited by Maitland

I agree with that. I'm seeing some of the same on Balmorra. Getting a quest to go right back into the heavily defended base you just freakin' cleared but now has all the mobs respawned gets awfully annoying.

Then again, that's kind of par for course for most MMOs. The only option is to put it on "so simple a bot can do it" mode like WoW does.