A thought on alignment options

LilTsar

with all the alignment based items and whatnots [titles, eyeshadows] one can get, as plenty of others have pointed out, trying to walk a neutral, classic star wars type on the edge character has no real tangible benefits for most people, and i've actually encountered people having to go with choices they don't actually want to just so they can get the good alignment stuff. personally my biggest issue is somewhat the opposite actually, namely the sudden bout of leprosy i get at ds4 which forces me to be sure to grind light side stuff now and again, buti know others who had complaints about lightsaber color restrictions and the like.

anyway just had a random thought about future alignment options, which was that restrictions should more often be based on not being something, for example perhaps that elusive pink crystal, which is something no truly evil person with an excess of need for terror and chaos would be caught dead with, could be useable by anybody not ds 4. the idea is that rather than have alignment feel like another kind of xp you need to build up to a maximum in one direction, it's more of a personal taste, and people who walk more neutral paths would have accessibility options on both sides, perhaps not the high end definitive marks of virgi- uh, pureness, but a nice mix from both