Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What REALLY sets SWTOR apart...

iheartnyc

I'd think this would be obvious but I don't see anybody touching on this. I'm just sick and tired of fighting dragons and mages and elves. Seriously. Enough. I'm even debating not touching Diablo III.

I mean really...Dragon Age, Skyrim, WoW...I'm dragoned out.

I'd think this would be obvious but I don't see anybody touching on this. I'm just sick and tired of fighting dragons and mages and elves. Seriously. Enough. I'm even debating not touching Diablo III.

Same - just wish we could do it with some different mechanics and end-game ideas. Never mind - will get a few fun months out of this.

SF must be problematic - what with Tabula Rasa and SWG both having limited subs.

Same - just wish we could do it with some different mechanics and end-game ideas. Never mind - will get a few fun months out of this.

SF must be problematic - what with Tabula Rasa and SWG both having limited subs.

Never touched Tabula Rasa. SWG was far too complicated and intellectual for mainstream crowds. Star Trek never had the mass appeal of Star Wars.

Not saying a game should cater to the masses, but if I'm going to invest a lot of my free time into something, I'd rather do it where there's a large user base to ensure the game won't simply die.

Voice overs and thats it. The only negative thing about those VO's though, is its just explaining a "kill 10 of those" or "go fetch this".

Which is done in every mmo, go kill 10 boars and recieve xp and maybe an item. At least it is not a wall of text. Plus, you can spacebar through it if you do not want to se it.

Never touched Tabula Rasa. SWG was far too complicated and intellectual for mainstream crowds. Star Trek never had the mass appeal of Star Wars.

Not saying a game should cater to the masses, but if I'm going to invest a lot of my free time into something, I'd rather do it where there's a large user base to ensure the game won't simply die.

Oops - forgot Star Trek - even played it - shows how much of an impression it made. It is a cautionary tale - had huge numbers at launch - so I think it did have mass appeal.

agree, i am sick of fighting dragons,

so evan GW2 going online, i might not join it so soon.

agree, i am sick of fighting dragons,

so evan GW2 going online, i might not join it so soon.

Completely forgot about Guild Wars. Fallout MMO may be fun, but could get old fast (not much variety in character classes/abilities). Ghoul, supermutant, human, and of course everyone would rush to become a member of the Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave. And if staying close to the original story, the plasma rifle would kill everything, melee would be useless and there is no such thing as a "healer."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.