Pri Secondary stat

cjacob

Arsenal and PvP don't go in the same sentence without a negative word inbetwen.

To answer the question, as Arsenal is a top 3 dps spec for PvE ingame right now, I'd definetly suggest adding power before crit assuming your crit isnt horribly low. Sustained dmg > burst for PvE.

To answer the question, as Arsenal is a top 3 dps spec for PvE ingame right now, I'd definetly suggest adding power before crit assuming your crit isnt horribly low. Sustained dmg > burst for PvE.

Don't forget that crit adds to our longevity in boss fights considering that critting will vent 8 heat. For PVP Crit/Surge is the only way to go. For PVE I'd say you'd have to find a healthy balance between Power and Crit. What that balance is will depend on your playstyle and rotation.

Edited by Arkhlin

This just doesn't make sense.

In no way or form is crit purely a burst stat.

1% crit in a sustained fight gives you a 0.5 to 1% dps increase depending on your surge.

Add on top of that, that crit interacts with Terminal Velocity and BH are by nature resource bound and you got a more complex situation.

My best advise for PvE is:

1) Accuracy up until 110%

2) Crit until roughly 30% (that's when Diminishing Returns start kicking in)

3) Surge until ~80% (DR again)

4) Power

5) Alacrity (which plain sucks for most classes anyway)

For PvP the story is different, but frankly I would have roughly the same list. Only replace Accuracy with Expertise. So stack expertise first, then crit and surge.

Edited by _Nyth

Out of curiosity, what are the other 2 top3 PvE dps specs? (AC?)

I find it hard to make estimates during raids.

things changes a bit when you got your pve or pvp set.

2 pieces bonus on pve set is +15% Crit on TM and PS, so you don't really need to stack that much crit.

I actually disagree, if you can get to 35% crit with gear, you do not want to stack any more crit stat due to diminishing returns, the 2 piece set takes you to 50% crit and i have heard that is a hard cap.

You still want that 35%!!!! I don't stack any HIGHER than 35% with gear, I have started working on bumping power and surge and ignoring crit all together because i hit the cap that I want.

once my surge is maxed at 80 to 85% i will ONLY look for power but that does not mean power rules, it just means I have maxed the ones that do for me so on to the next stat.

fyi i have doubled my power over the past few days with some lucky drops and yes it make a difference, still think crit is better due to the vented heat. With the 2 piece +15% it is really sick

This just doesn't make sense.

In no way or form is crit purely a burst stat.

1% crit in a sustained fight gives you a 0.5 to 1% dps increase depending on your surge.

Add on top of that, that crit interacts with Terminal Velocity and BH are by nature resource bound and you got a more complex situation.

My best advise for PvE is:

1) Accuracy up until 110%

2) Crit until roughly 30% (that's when Diminishing Returns start kicking in)

3) Surge until ~80% (DR again)

4) Power

5) Alacrity (which plain sucks for most classes anyway)

For PvP the story is different, but frankly I would have roughly the same list. Only replace Accuracy with Expertise. So stack expertise first, then crit and surge.

I agree with your list above completely, that is the generally excepted ruling for people talking about it constructively for crit and surge caps. I am a "this one goes to 11" guy and like the 50% crits with the 2 piece set.

crit actually is a purely bursting stat though, but increasing burst increases average so it is a bit deceptive. My dps looks like the stock exchange in a volatile market, ups and downs highs and lows... power is move of an "even keel" ... i like bursting better because if I pay attention to fights in pve i can "build up" for that last big burn with a burst, i can use burst to push a boss to the next phase if it is called for as well and in pvp people are 50 to 75% down in health before they realize someone is focusing on them.

to each his own, who has the net best dps? we wont know until combat logs are in play.

I agree with your list above completely, that is the generally excepted ruling for people talking about it constructively for crit and surge caps. I am a "this one goes to 11" guy and like the 50% crits with the 2 piece set.

crit actually is a purely bursting stat though, but increasing burst increases average so it is a bit deceptive. My dps looks like the stock exchange in a volatile market, ups and downs highs and lows... power is move of an "even keel" ... i like bursting better because if I pay attention to fights in pve i can "build up" for that last big burn with a burst, i can use burst to push a boss to the next phase if it is called for as well and in pvp people are 50 to 75% down in health before they realize someone is focusing on them.

to each his own, who has the net best dps? we wont know until combat logs are in play.

Crit will always be better than power for arsenal because not only does it increase your damage but it also vents heat (which is the most important factor).

The real question is wether to go for power or surge after crit, but since surge has a good synergy with crit (which is your main secondary stat) I'd go with surge.

Edited by Demorase