What is the most profitable profession besides slicing?

SuperomegaOP

I dropped treasuring hunting today because i did some tests and it almost always a waste of resource because even abundant+ missions bring significantly less(around 2/3) than what i paid for them.

Currently have biochem(because it will still be the best for pvp) and slicing and im looking for another to make money alongside slicing.

Testing out UW trading to see if i can make a profit with vendors and/or on the GTN

anyone have any suggestions?

Honestly none of them are profitable because people can only have one crafting prof per toon and are forced to take the gathering profs that go with them. Add in that you don't have to actually do a thing to farm mats thanks to sending out companions and the fact that all the profs are lackluster at 400 right now and there is little demand.

You can safely ignore profs altogether and just do some dailies and make more money.

Underworld Trading.

Metals are used by many professions, and companion gifts sell well for small profits that add up quickly.

I'm sitting at just shy of 4mil right now thanks to using Slicing to get Underworld Trading missions. UT is the moneymaker -- Slicing supports it.

Underworld Trading.

Metals are used by many professions, and companion gifts sell well for small profits that add up quickly.

I'm sitting at just shy of 4mil right now thanks to using Slicing to get Underworld Trading missions. UT is the moneymaker -- Slicing supports it.

Ditto,

Metals = Profit, really depends on the server though, supply and demand with the GTN and everything.

If you are into the whole training crafting professions thing, biochem seems to be popular you can make a killing with implants.

Edited by Tim_H

One thing I like about this game is that crafting seems to be meant as a personal experience for the character and their friends and guild, not about creating a self sustaining mercantile presence.

I don't think ant of the professions, or the AH is designed with a " how do I use crafting to make a profit" mentality.

It seems to be more about " I made this cool looking armor for my friend, or grenades for myself etc.

I reallreaaly appreciate that I can get top level gear without having to play the " auction house mini game" that is such a big part of other games.

I know this is not what some people who enjoy the mercantile process in games and I respect that. I am just glad it is not in this game and I hope it never is.

I haven't used it personally, but I hear underworld trading can give some good items you can sell off. Just what I have heard though, not sure if it is credible or not. :o

Hm, I have Underworld and I get more good stuff from slicing when it comes to schematics and missions however, materials from Underworld can, I believe, easily be sold on the GTN

I'd expect there's LOTS of money to be made selling metals from underworld trading on the AH. The missions to get the metals come up so rarely that even if you have the skill you often have to hit up the GTN for more resources anyways.

And I'm not just saying this because, as a synthweaver, I want lots more people supplying metals on the GTN so that the price will drop. Nuh uh.