Trooper storyline.

Jgibso

Hey all,

I am a new player and I don't have a really deep knowledge about Star Wars lore.

I have a question about the trooper story-line:

When I get to the heart of the separatist base in the first episode

I find out imperials officers are helping the separatists. Considering the separatists are separatists because they hate the Sith to the point of going into civil war. Why are they working with Imperials?

I feel like I missed something. Does this get explained later?

The separatists on Ord Mantell are trying to leave the Republic, not the Sith Empire. However, during all the prologue, we hear that the separatists claim not to be working with the Sith, as this would be a breach of the peace treaty. As the trooper, you find otherwise.

The general purpose behind the separatist movement on Ord Mantell is the removal of the corrupt government that is oppressing them. The corrupt local planetary government and, by extension, the Republic which has done nothing to curb its excess and crimes.

Oh,

thanks all.

Upon rereading the prologue notes, I realize I misunderstood the situation.

It says "influential star systems break away from the millennial old alliance, angered over the Senates treaty with the Sith empire." Considering the Civil war on Ord Mantell is between "loyal Republic citizens" and violent separatists, I just assumed the separatists where jumping onto the "no treaty," bandwagon.

Edited by Jgibso