Ok, heres the thing

MarkusAtticus

The i3 is a weak processor, and onboard graphics are almost always a joke for modern gaming.

Shell out for a cheap video card (GTX 550TI or something like that), your system is not even close to a gaming rig, but throwing a high end video card won't solve all your problems since you're going to be CPU bottlenecking.

*EDIT -- it's worth noting that a discrete graphics card of decent quality (read: not an entry level card) will give you a significant boost in performance if you want to turn any eye candy on and run at any resolution above 800x600 or w/e the games minimum screen resolution is.

i3 at that clock is really not to bad. Not like a celeron with the cpu cache cut into 1/4. You should look up benchmarks on it.

The video card is going to be the main problem. IMO Intel's HD should not meet any min requirements for anything. They add the proper features and specs to meet these requirements but can never do them very well anyway. Get the 560 or 6870 and you will be a very happy with the results

i3 at that clock is really not to bad. Not like a celeron with the cpu cache cut into 1/4. You should look up benchmarks on it.

The video card is going to be the main problem. IMO Intel's HD should not meet any min requirements for anything. They add the proper features and specs to meet these requirements but can never do them very well anyway. Get the 560 or 6870 and you will be a very happy with the results

Yeah I def don't keep the I3 in the same class as a celeron or duron was back in the early 2000's, but I run an i7 (I do a lot of video encoding/transcoding) and I notice huge differences between my main i7 rig and my i5 rig, and I have to assume it continues down the curve.

*EDIT -- I do not look back on my days of gaming on a Duron and a GeForce 2 MX with much joy.

Edited by Battyone

Guess im just gonna have to save up then guys, and suffer with horrible graphics till then, just hope it dont stop me playing alltogether, we'll see :/

I mean if you can spare the 50quid you'll see an improvment, but in the end it's a band aid when you need something more. It will up your FPS and make the game smoother, but you'll more than likely quickly outgrow and replace that card. It's the way the low end cards are.

I mean if you can spare the 50quid you'll see an improvment, but in the end it's a band aid when you need something more. It will up your FPS and make the game smoother, but you'll more than likely quickly outgrow and replace that card. It's the way the low end cards are.

i can play the game on 1900 res, but only pull 10fps.. sometimes 20+ when in isolated areas...

I just wanna get a steady 20-30fps on that res with everything on low

i can play the game on 1900 res, but only pull 10fps.. sometimes 20+ when in isolated areas...

I just wanna get a steady 20-30fps on that res with everything on low

Personally I'd not, but if this is just for SW:TOR and you don't care about future investment and return on it go ahead and grab the 50 quid card, you'll get 20-30FPS with things on low. It's actually worth noting you may want to set a few things to high since low is more CPU intensive or so I hear (I don't run on low)

Personally I'd not, but if this is just for SW:TOR and you don't care about future investment and return on it go ahead and grab the 50 quid card, you'll get 20-30FPS with things on low. It's actually worth noting you may want to set a few things to high since low is more CPU intensive or so I hear (I don't run on low)

What things to high?

This is the first pc game ive ever played apart from theme hospital and sims, i usually console, but being a huge star wars nut i couldnt miss out on this

What things to high?

This is the first pc game ive ever played apart from theme hospital and sims, i usually console, but being a huge star wars nut i couldnt miss out on this

There are like 7 settings, get the card and play around. I get 110FPS no matter what I do unless I am streaming in HD so...I really am not the best person to talk to about marginal performance tweaks on lower end systems. :(

There are like 7 settings, get the card and play around. I get 110FPS no matter what I do unless I am streaming in HD so...I really am not the best person to talk to about marginal performance tweaks on lower end systems. :(

110fps! i fell blessed when i get 30 lol.

Thanks for your help mate :)