Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Video Proof of Server Populations

Thamelas

It just occurred to me that as part of making my Datacron guides that I have documented the server populations and exact times in my videos. You can see them in every one of my videos. Also note that there was no phasing going on when I filmed these. The numbers you see, are the actual people there in my faction.

You can see them all on my YouTube channel. They are all in 720p, so you can blow them up to full screen and check for yourself.

Note: These are on Kaas City server.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SWTORHolonet

Edited by Thamelas

you do know, that the numbers you see at the top left is only the amount of people in your instance of that area. I verified this myself last night on Dromound Kaas, i was originally in instance 3 with about 90 people, group and switched to instance 1 and all of sudden there were nearly 140 people.

In your case there may have only been one instance, can't really tell but that number is per instance not all instances combined.

you do know, that the numbers you see at the top left is only the amount of people in your instance of that area. I verified this myself last night on Dromound Kaas, i was originally in instance 3 with about 90 people, group and switched to instance 1 and all of sudden there were nearly 140 people.

In your case there may have only been one instance, can't really tell but that number is per instance not all instances combined.

Yes I know. As I stated in my original post: There was no phasing at the time. Those numbers are it.

Yes I know. As I stated in my original post: There was no phasing at the time. Those numbers are it.

when you said phasing i thought you meant something different, as Phasing usually is having 2 instances of the same area but in different states. SUch as one instance is a bristling city, another instance has that same city destroyed. That is what i consider phasing.

Not really exact but it does give some idea of the population. Of course you're missing everyone that's in a flashpoint, operation, warzone, ship or space.

Yes, but those don't matter if you are on a planet and looking for a group.

So you're not interested in the server population but in the population of a given level range in a specific zone?

Correct. As I stated, the only population that matters is the planet you are on. If you are questing on Alderaan, you don't really care how many are on Tatooine. The population on Alderaan is the only one that affects your game play.

That's only true if you're solely interested in group questing. If you want to do a flashpoint or warzone while questing you are very dependent on the population of the entire server. Not to mention operations or crafting and gathering materials.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.