Light Saber Desired Stats

mrozanski

First off, let me say that I am new to Jedi (was a Gunslinger) and am TOTALLY loving it. I'll probably spec Watchman or Combat ( level 13 atm). As far sabe goes, I am looking for the best stats to configure my light sabers. My initial saber was a Dark Jedi Saber. I'd like to get them most bang from dual sabers. SO .... what are the optimum specs that people find most effective?

Feel free to commnet on stats for armor as well. Thanks in advance! :cool:

When it comes to your sabers, only one thing truly matters--the hilts. This is because the damage rating of the piece as a while is directly tied to the item level of the hilt.

There are 25 different hilt upgrades in the game, labeled just as such. For the grind to 50, you will encounter only the first 22 of them. In an ideal world as a Sentinel you would have two each of the first 22 in artifact (purple) quality of them sitting in your bank, waiting. That is a highly unrealistic expectation, mind you... so often your best bet is just to buy the blues from the commendation vendors at each planet, costing a total of 14 commendations. Do this and you'll be just fine.

Now, a word on stats. It is really quite impossible to have too much Strength, as it is our primary stat and effects both crit chance and damage. Power, a secondary stat, increases damage on a linear rate, but isn't really weighted too well. If you can sacrifice 1 power for 1 strength, do it in a heartbeat. Critical rating suffers a bit from diminishing returns, but not so much so that you need to worry about it too much. On the other hand, Surge suffers greatly from these diminishing returns, so don't try to focus on it too much. Overall, a well balanced approach to stats will probably serve you best, as long as you remember that Strength is always better than Power for this class.