Enlightenment and Corruption

Sunflier

So, I don't have a dark side level 5 character. I do have a light side 5. So, when I use the term "Corruption" please understand that I am referring to the term that flashes above a character's head when they reach dark 5.

Okay, so I was running some diplomacy missions and ran a dark side after reaching 5. It naturally bumped me off of 5 back down to light side level 4. I then ran a light side mission and reached 5 again. When I re-reached 5, I noticed the word "Enlightened" flash above my head. I assume the same holds true with dark side reaching 5 and getting "Corruption."

Why is there not a buff for reaching max 5? They don't have to be large. Like, when you reach light side level 1, you get a 1% boost to xxxx. This increases by 1% for each level of alignment until 5. At 5, you get the 1% which makes you 5% and you get some side bonus, like xxxx to xxxx that is in tandem to the main boost. Same would work for dark side. They could even be different. So dark would be an aggressive boosting buff. Light side would be a light sidey kind of buff.

So, what do you guys think?

I'm not opposed to a buff as long as both light and darkside give the same buff. Having different buffs is just another thing they'd end up having to balance in pvp. No MMO ever needs more things to balance.

On a side note, I really would like the option to choose my level of corruption shown. Dark 1 was sweet, Dark 2 was also pretty cool, Dark 3 started to get a little out of hand but still looked fairly good. However, now that I'm Dark 4 I just want to turn it off. My toon looks like a bomb went off on my face. It's seriously ugly, gross even, with visible dark veins all over my face.

I accidentally made my toon too light skinned and without the corruption, he looks like he never sees the sun. How my character looks is very important to me. I spent 6 hours at launch creating and deleting toons because I couldn't find something I liked. I know, it's a bit neurotic, but I can't stand playing as something if I don't like how it looks. The different corruption textures are already in the game, all it needs now is a button to decide how much corruption you want to show. Would like to see that option in the future.

Edited by Whatsalightsaver

So, I don't have a dark side level 5 character. I do have a light side 5. So, when I use the term "Corruption" please understand that I am referring to the term that flashes above a character's head when they reach dark 5.

Okay, so I was running some diplomacy missions and ran a dark side after reaching 5. It naturally bumped me off of 5 back down to light side level 4. I then ran a light side mission and reached 5 again. When I re-reached 5, I noticed the word "Enlightened" flash above my head. I assume the same holds true with dark side reaching 5 and getting "Corruption."

Why is there not a buff for reaching max 5? They don't have to be large. Like, when you reach light side level 1, you get a 1% boost to xxxx. This increases by 1% for each level of alignment until 5. At 5, you get the 1% which makes you 5% and you get some side bonus, like xxxx to xxxx that is in tandem to the main boost. Same would work for dark side. They could even be different. So dark would be an aggressive boosting buff. Light side would be a light sidey kind of buff.

Well, they wanted picking light or dark side to be nonrestrictive and not mandatory. What would you do for those people that want to be neutral or just pick options based on their own moral code. Granted 1% isn't a big deal but the min/maxers that are sure to develop would be all gung ho about it.

Well, they wanted picking light or dark side to be nonrestrictive and not mandatory. What would you do for those people that want to be neutral or just pick options based on their own moral code. Granted 1% isn't a big deal but the min/maxers that are sure to develop would be all gung ho about it.

Yeah, neutral gets the shaft.:csw_deathstar:

I think thats a terrible idea. Sorry but that would put others, who really don't wanna make a character that is either just good or bad, in a bad state. You already get gear and have more choice in your "relics" then those, who did not just follow a straight path to either light or dark side.

I really don't wanna get punished even further just because I decided that not every single action my character takes on should be a negative one. I am dark 2 (lvl 50 btw) and have a lot of light sided points too, just because I played the story like I wanted. As said, you shouldn't punish people for wanting to play differently than you do.... with your suggestion you would punish them

I think thats a terrible idea. Sorry but that would put others, who really don't wanna make a character that is either just good or bad, in a bad state. You already get gear and have more choice in your "relics" then those, who did not just follow a straight path to either light or dark side.

I really don't wanna get punished even further just because I decided that not every single action my character takes on should be a negative one. I am dark 2 (lvl 50 btw) and have a lot of light sided points too, just because I played the story like I wanted. As said, you shouldn't punish people for wanting to play differently than you do.... with your suggestion you would punish them

Neutrals get the shaft. Also, George Lucas - the owner- says no such thing as neutral people. So, deal wit it.

Secondly, just get diplomacy and you can secretly grind up light side and you can choose neutral options all through your little story.

all i want is my eyes to glow white with rank V light :p but yeah, a slight stat increase would be cool.

I personally think giving light and dark side a 1% bonus per rank to presence per rank would be balanced. presence is useless in pvp and dungeon. would only help soloing and acknowledge the achivement of the player.

I mean people would flock and feel empowered to follow a paragon of light or dark, so it would make sense to boost presence