Swtor's Secret Space Project Speculation

DesktopMinion

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware they won't be selling anything to anyone, they'll just keep unpaying players from gaining access to certain features in the game as an incentive for them to subscribe.

There will be a cashshop, it's impossible to have F2P without a cashshop (the game would simply go bankrupt), in fact "Free to play" is a giant misnomer, it actually mean the "Cashshop/microtransaction" model.

For a start what do you think the tokens are for if not a cashshop? And as there will be a cashshop, what will it do other than sell people stuff?

Also, if you want real Space Combat, go play X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. It works on Windows 7 (and uses very little in the way of resources). Just fly missions with TOR friends while you wait for your PvP queue to pop. I guarantee there will be less load screens.

Bioware would have to be retarded to take that approach, and from what we've been told of this upcoming f2p system so far there is nothing to indicate they have intentions of doing so.

I like to think of the free to level 50 thing as one giant demo.

Edited by mourasantos

Bioware would have to be retarded to take that approach, and from what we've been told of this upcoming f2p system so far there is nothing to indicate they have intentions of doing so.

I like to think of the free to level 50 thing as one giant demo.

It looks like they are largely copying the LOTRO F2P/cashshop system, which wouldn't be surprising as it's generally deemed the most successful of the F2P MMORPG experiments.

Edited by Goretzu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.