Snipers need stealth

LordRaeth

I have a VERY hard time believeing this.

I doubt even a lvl 50 expertise geared+stim'ed can two shot even a lvl 10 with bolster

honestly I had sugested the same thing before, why do scoundrels/ops have stealth? they can heal, have proper defencive cooldowns and have the highest damage, while their AC counter part, has nothing of those things...

remove stealth from scounds/ops and give it to slingers/snipers so they can actually get out of cover without being free kills.

I can and did on lowbies...6k+ and 5k+ = dead lowbie. With buffs ofc @470 expertise or smthing atm, could go higher but champ offhand sux, I rather have more power and +5% surge rating than 0,7% or so PvP stat. (P.S. without power adrenal, I have surge one and cba to PVE to get 1 more crystal alloy).

Same buffs and vs anything in heavy armor = half less dmg. Vs anything with mitigation/shield buffs = 1/3 to 0 DMG. A guildie, vanguard, and me dueled and we timed how long it takes me to kill him, 45 sec without him using any buffs....awsoooooome, compare that to idk...operative.

Anyway, I don't want stealth, that would be silly, I want to be able to do damage to geared heavies that in turn hit me for 3-4k. I'm supposed to be the squishy damage dealer dammit! :p (that does not mean straight up damage increase or any sage would kinda melt then lol )

Yes I have and its a damn sight easier when the player is lying face down or slowed.

Snipers do white damage, shields, armour and everything else mitigates it, operatives and other classes do other damage including interior damage which nothing mitigates.

energie and kinetic damage are all reduced through armor and the most are kinetic and energie

Snipers are my number 1 priority otherwise they wreck your team.

What you need is peels and heals.

You must be kiddin.

1 button tracer/lightning (grav/telekinetic) bots do more direct and aoe damage actually.

While having abilities to carry the ball, heal and dispel.

A sniper wrecks your team. It is funny. No that stab-stab funny, more like ha-ha funny.

Yes I have and its a damn sight easier when the player is lying face down or slowed.

Snipers do white damage, shields, armour and everything else mitigates it, operatives and other classes do other damage including interior damage which nothing mitigates.

You clearly have no idea how to play a sniper. Neither it's damage potential or how to effectively use the maps to your advantage. I suggest your just delete your sniper and roll another toon. You'll probably be happier in the end.

Edited by Localhost

I've been two-shot by good Snipers before.

Impossible. I can do about 7500 with two hits if the stars align (using biochem, cooldowns, and full champ gear). You should have at least 10k hp in pvp even in green gear.

Snipers don't need stealth. They need to learn to play to their strengths. I think that my sniper is fine, but would like to see a few other classes toned down a bit. No matter how well I play, I can NEVER do the same damage as other classes.

Edited by Ancient_karp

Pure stealth would make us broken (my alt/possibly new main is a Sniper), but maybe some sort of temporary stealth that turns on when we break cover (but can't happen more than, say, once a minute) so we can more easily get from cover to cover.

You must be kiddin.

1 button tracer/lightning (grav/telekinetic) bots do more direct and aoe damage actually.

While having abilities to carry the ball, heal and dispel.

A sniper wrecks your team. It is funny. No that stab-stab funny, more like ha-ha funny.

ud be suprised what a sniper/gunslinger can do in a warzone, expecially left alone. of course u got ur 1 button tracermissle/force lightning spammers with off heals. but wen a gunslinger/sniper is left alone, expecially me, ur nvr gonna b able to cap a node due to dots rolling on everything +aoe nuke on node, get sniped, most likely out damaged by a lot.

but wat do i kno though, im just a gunslinger :p

rise alacrity and range in cover, and on going out of cover we drop smoke granade which rises our evasion significantly for lets say 2-3 secs... and we dont need stealth, we need more bonuses for sitting in cover.

Other than that we are fine, its just frustratting to see bigger numbers comming from heavies spammin their ****.

Edited by bubasparks

Worse defense? I don't recall any other class that get long-lasting immunity to all cc.

I often see how some lvl50 snipers run into a thick of battle, sit down and take out half of enemy forces before getting killed. They can't be stunned, punted, pulled or interrupted. That is hardly a worse defense in the game <_<

Worse defense? I don't recall any other class that get long-lasting immunity to all cc.

I often see how some lvl50 snipers run into a thick of battle, sit down and take out half of enemy forces before getting killed. They can't be stunned, punted, pulled or interrupted. That is hardly a worse defense in the game <_<

by using hunker down you being rooted by yourself, and it gives you only def against CCs, thats it, you still can be killed as easy as before.