The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT: Advanced Prototype bugs?

MouthlessDonny

I'm trying the Advanced Prototype skill tree but some things seem a bit off.

Mainly two concerns: Pneumatic Boots and Kolto Vents.

Pneumatic Boots supposedly gives a speed bonus. 15% at level two, if you're using the High Energy Gas Cylinder. Doesn't seem to work though.

Kolto Vents might or might not be bugged. Tooltip is ambiguous. It says you regain 7% of your health when you vent heat. However, does this means it only procs off the ability Vent Heat, or should it proc whenever you vent heat, regardless of the cause? I do suppose it's only with Vent Heat skill, but given it heals 7% HP over 10 secs, it wouldn't be OP at all if it worked in combination with Prototype Cylinder Ventilation (chance to vent 8 heat every 6 seconds) because it requires High Energy Gas Cylinder which is extremely mediocre.

Anyways, I guess I'm going to respec because overall, Advanced Prototypes seems, overall, a very weak tree. Opinions?

None of these are the important stuff in AP

Hydraulic Overrides(Do i have to say something? IMMUNITY)

Immolate(Its awesome to control your heat instead using flameburst)

Hitman(IMO the most important in pvp, you will make Mercs cry)

Prototype FT(50% increased damage? Its awesome but IMO FT only works well in PvE and if you dont have it in PvE it will make you a sad panda)

Prototype Cylinder Ventilation(You will miss this as Pyrotech, it controls the heat so good)

Stun and Grapple reduction CD

30% damage reduction while stunned, good stuff when sometimes you are stunlock lol

Free Rocket Punch??

I think AP its awesome but the main problem is the damage, you cant compare the damage of Pyrotech vs AP...

Also Pyrotech dont have any real damage reduction, they rely on Energy Shield...And i think Automated defenses its a bit useless.

Edited by Kroktar

None of these are the important stuff in AP

Hydraulic Overrides(Do i have to say something? IMMUNITY)

Immolate(Its awesome to control your heat instead using flameburst)

Hitman(IMO the most important in pvp, you will make Mercs cry)

Prototype FT(50% increased damage? Its awesome but IMO FT only works well in PvE and if you dont have it in PvE it will make you a sad panda)

Prototype Cylinder Ventilation(You will miss this as Pyrotech, it controls the heat so good)

Stun and Grapple reduction CD

30% damage reduction while stunned, good stuff when sometimes you are stunlock lol

Free Rocket Punch??

I think AP its awesome but the main problem is the damage, you cant compare the damage of Pyrotech vs AP...

Yeah Hydraulic Overrides is pretty awesome, main reason I took AP tbh. That and Prototype Cylinder Ventilation. The 15% speed thing also caught my attention, specially combined with the CC immunity.

Immolate does sound nice, haven't gotten it yet (lvl 30, this is my second char)

Hitman... Well I don't think it's that useful to be honest. From my lvl 50 Sniper experience, interrupting casting is extremely useful, but you can do it with knockbacks, stuns or any other form of CC, so you can usually manage perfectly well with the stock CD, which is pretty low for Cull anyways, just 8 secs.

Prototype FT is nice but not as nice as it could be. Mainly because Flame Burst is rather mediocre, builds a lot of heat (16!) but does "meh" damage. Yeah, getting more damage on your FT and getting a free Rocket Punch is nice, but it builds so much heat you gimp yourself in no time, especially since the free Rocket Punch is only 30% chance. I tend not to use it much because of that. Sniper mindset here, keeping the heat low for as long as possible. Plus, FT doesn't seem that viable in PvP, I don't see myself channeling a 3 sec ability in melee range very often. In PvP that is.

Overall, all the things you mention are indeed nice, but in the end, it feels like a bland skill tree. It's not as good a tanking tree as Shield one, and it's not as good a DPS one as Pyrotech, it's a sort of middle ground that feels mediocre in the end. In my opinion, that is.

Anyways, I mostly wanted to know about the 15% speed thing not working and the possible Kolto bug (although I suppose it's working as intended, which would position it in "meh" territory).

Edited by MouthlessDonny