Is Assault the only spec that gets instant dots without cooldown?

Dutchpower

Because I feel like i'm the only one that actually DoT's everyone up so they can't cap. I never see anyone doing that and it sucks. It kinda makes me feel like I have to AS or else I will lose more.

Especially at void star I can shine with all the IR going off all over the place. I know JC has a DoT on cooldown but what about the other classes? Is this our duty or something?

Especially at void star I can shine with all the IR going off all over the place. I know JC has a DoT on cooldown but what about the other classes? Is this our duty or something?

Ops/Scoundrels get one and can spec into another which is an AoE, and lasts 21 seconds. It's kind of ridiculous in Alderaan/Voidstar. Sages/Sorcs also get a spammable DoT.

I fully expect this to be nerfed at some point. Being able to make 3 people unable to perform objectives for 21s on a single GCD is dumber than my cousin, who is pretty dumb.

Edited by Soshla

Ops/Scoundrels get one and can spec into another which is an AoE, and lasts 21 seconds. It's kind of ridiculous in Alderaan/Voidstar. Sages/Sorcs also get a spammable DoT.

I fully expect this to be nerfed at some point. Being able to make 3 people unable to perform objectives for 21s on a single GCD is dumber than my cousin, who is pretty dumb.

since we're in the commando forum- you could just cleanse that debuff off??

since we're in the commando forum- you could just cleanse that debuff off??

He was talking about multiple debuffs.

But it is important to note that the Commando Cleanse only effects non-force debuffs.

Edited by DeltaGun

He was talking about multiple debuffs.

But it is important to note that the Commando Cleanse only effects non-force debuffs.

On this note, does anyone know what kind of abilities count as "Mental Effects"? I know Weaken Mind, and the Jedi Stuns are listed as "Force Effects" and so can't be cleansed.

I'm also mostly talking about being the person doing the mass DoTing, on my alts. It's ridiculously powerful. It locks people out of objectives, and it pads damage toward damage medal/KB/kills medals.

Edited by Soshla

On this note, does anyone know what kind of abilities count as "Mental Effects"? I know Weaken Mind, and the Jedi Stuns are listed as "Force Effects" and so can't be cleansed.

I'm also mostly talking about being the person doing the mass DoTing, on my alts. It's ridiculously powerful. It locks people out of objectives, and it pads damage toward damage medal/KB/kills medals.

It seems like any debuff casted by the two Jedi/Sith classes are considered Force/Mind effects. Perhaps with the exception of some bleeds, but I havn't noticed any.

It seems like any debuff casted by the two Jedi/Sith classes are considered Force/Mind effects. Perhaps with the exception of some bleeds, but I havn't noticed any.

Non medic specs can only cleanse physical and tech. Bleeding is a physical DoT so we can heal that.

Edited by Dutchpower