Soon the only PVP class

Anastasy

I play a Sorc and regularly get melted in PvP (OPS/scoundrel and Merc/Commando usually), but with proper positioning and use of skills, coupled with knowing when to run you can do very well, I've also seen terrible Sorc/Sage get melted by anyone. Honestly on our server I'm seeing more OPs/Scoundrels and a fair amount of troopers/BH's, I'm sure this varies server to server. Personally I don't think Sorc/sage are OP after getting to 50 and having almost a full set of PvP, I see some players and know I'm gonna have a hard time and keep my distance, others I'm more willing to get in the fray, some of my most memorable fights aren't about melts multiple people, they are about being able to kite multiple people and tagging cappers long enough for my team to come help.

I think over time the classes balances will even out, but there will always be more jedi and sith.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenge accepted.

Tomorrow i will Cap a PvP movie, useing only Force Lightling + Overload and be in Top 5, with 5 medals.

to make it even more cool, i use a Level 22 sorcerer for it.

Takes no skill to do any of the above with any class. I used a level 12 marauder an got 2nd in dmg done in a war zone vs some 50s and 34 kills 4 deaths with 5 medals. All depends on how bad your server is..... or the /random skill level of players that get tossed together. I know there is games where I would go 0-20 vs some people on my server with that same alt. An I know there is 50s I could solo as a level 12 (using expertise buffs potion or warzone buff). The point is its all garbage information. Game is pretty well balanced for serious PvP premade vs premade. Sorcs are not OP. Your server just doesn't want to play anything else.

Edited by Furyofwar

Takes no skill to do any of the above with any class. I used a level 12 marauder an got 2nd in dmg done in a war zone vs some 50s and 34 kills 4 deaths with 5 medals. All depends on how bad your server is..... or the /random skill level of players that get tossed together. I know there is games where I would go 0-20 vs some people on my server with that same alt. An I know there is 50s I could solo as a level 12 (using expertise buffs potion or warzone buff). The point is its all garbage information. Game is pretty well balanced for serious PvP premade vs premade. Sorcs are not OP. Your server just doesn't want to play anything else.

nope, it do not take anything special to spawn 1 button, yet the out come is what matters, for pressing a single button with a little wit, you get above avarage is just game brakeing sorry.

sure it is, now it's the server failt, why not blame the moon?

Challenge accepted.

Tomorrow i will Cap a PvP movie, useing only Force Lightling + Overload and be in Top 5, with 5 medals.

to make it even more cool, i use a Level 22 sorcerer for it.

What's with the 5 medals, you could get 5 on any class standing on a node defending, if you're going to prove a class is OP then at least show us something most of the playing population couldn't do on any given class (except maybe those poor heals and tanks, not enough credit in PvP)

Edited by CountVlad

This is such rubbish, and is based on anecdotal evidence. You have NO way of backing up such baseless claims, so why make them.

To amuse your pointlessness however there also seem to be a wave of Operatives, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters and Troopers coming up through the game now, far more (from my perspective) than Sith or Jedi classes. However THAT is also anecdotal, which is why I NEVER bring it up.

:)

Simply pointless.

-Simply take a blank paper or make an Excel.

-Play X amount of WZ and count the number of each classes. (This should be a lage enough number, let's say 1 week of 10 hours pr.day of PvP.)

-Plot a graph.

-Conclude that X class is more represented than Y in PvP at this point in time.

NB! This will of course only represent your own empirical "experience" of what representation the classes you encounter in your WZ. This might be flawed because I'm alone in this experiment, so I then ask my friend to do the same, we don't PvP together, and he comes up with the same result; the representation of the casters are dominant.

Anecdotal?

Edited by Clomik

What's with the 5 medals, you could get 5 on any class standing on a node defending, if you're going to prove a class is OP then at least show us something most of the playing population couldn't do or any given class (except maybe those poor heals and tanks, not enough credit in PvP)

no, if you show something Exeptional it not prove the point, what i try to make here.

sure their are people that can eat with their legs, extraordinary o yea.

but do not mean 95% of the world population can do it.

spamming 1 skill, you can teach a monkey so meaning 99% of the world population can play a Sorcerer, and even do quite fair.

and no 5 medals are not very common for sertain class's, within this game.

Most premades on my server are made up of sorc and assassins, why roll with anything else when those two can dish out some massive heals and damage while the assassins run guard on each sorc and stab whoever runs to the sorcs?

This is accomplished with any healer/tank combo. A Powertech/operative is equally successful. A merc/juggernaut is damn near impossible to kill.