Suggestions to Improve Medics

Haydawgg

Reposted from another thread

Overall we need just a little help. Here is what I'd like to see:

1. We need to be able to build supercharged cells faster. I suggest that AMP builds 3 charges as well (on a 9 sec cd so not spammable). Or we need a hot type of heal that builds cells. Make it useable on one target only. Or make trauma probe build 1 charge each time it heals. In a raid setting it isn't always realistic to work in hammershot so sometimes it takes a while to build Cells.

2. As people have mentioned, Kolto Bomb needs to be buffed to hit more targets. Pref 4-5 instead of 3. Although the buffs it provides are nice, I usually can't afford to use it while I have popped supercharged cells. Currently if all 3 targets crit, the crit for 2k each for a total of 6k heals. My MP crit heals 1 target alone for 5.2k.

3. Slightly shorter cd on Bacta Infusion. Its our only "oh crap" heal and is on a 21 sec cd (18 sec with 4 piece). I suggest maybe a 15 sec cd? I say this as try healing the platform jumping on Soa. We can only use Bomb and Infusion on the move.

I love my Medic. Love the animations, resource, and playstyle. Just give us a little love and I will be completely happy!

My thought was add some sort of supercharge bonus to Bacta to improve it. Something like a 30% boost in healing while supercharged (due to the CD you're only going to be able to use it once but I figured it wouldn't be over powered).

When I played combat medic I thought the fault was more lack of skill utility than actual healing amount. Not having a cast-able shield, combat res, interrupt or pull compared to sages hurts.

I think Combat Medics are fine. The only thing I tink could use some tweaking is Kolto Bombs Heal ammount and maybe adding 4 targets instead of 3.

In operations we are the MT healers, Sages are the "Raid" Healers and great AE healers. It works out pretty well imo. Also, 21 Second Bacta felt like forever, 18 second it's usually always up when I need it.

I've solo healed all the Hardmode Flashpoints. Done the Normal Ops and the Hardmode Ops. The biggest time I scramble is the raid wide AE damge. However, it seems Supercharged Cells is always ready for me when this happens.

I think that giving Trauma Probe charges a 100% chance to give cell charges might be a bit excessive because they pop very fast. This could be limited by a longer ICD on CSC charge generation from TP - something that would work out to maybe 9 charges over the duration of a TP.

I do agree that KB should hit 4 people.

I'd also like it if during SCC, the CD on KB would be lower or down to 0. I think that would allow for 2 different uses of SCC - either do several APM + MP combos, or bomb the whole raid. The main advantage would be spreading the KB shield on more people, while providing a bit of AoE healing. Given how small the KB heal is, and how expensive it is to spam it, I don't think it would be game-breaking. It would give us a better way to deal with heavy AoE damage and high mobility phases.

Just my 2 credits - the last idea could be stupid from 2 different points of view (either too weak for the ammo cost compared to an APM + MP rotation, or too powerful if we look at it as a raid wall).

Reposted from another thread

Overall we need just a little help. Here is what I'd like to see:

1. We need to be able to build supercharged cells faster. I suggest that AMP builds 3 charges as well (on a 9 sec cd so not spammable). Or we need a hot type of heal that builds cells. Make it useable on one target only. Or make trauma probe build 1 charge each time it heals. In a raid setting it isn't always realistic to work in hammershot so sometimes it takes a while to build Cells.

2. As people have mentioned, Kolto Bomb needs to be buffed to hit more targets. Pref 4-5 instead of 3. Although the buffs it provides are nice, I usually can't afford to use it while I have popped supercharged cells. Currently if all 3 targets crit, the crit for 2k each for a total of 6k heals. My MP crit heals 1 target alone for 5.2k.

3. Slightly shorter cd on Bacta Infusion. Its our only "oh crap" heal and is on a 21 sec cd (18 sec with 4 piece). I suggest maybe a 15 sec cd? I say this as try healing the platform jumping on Soa. We can only use Bomb and Infusion on the move.

I love my Medic. Love the animations, resource, and playstyle. Just give us a little love and I will be completely happy!

CMs need help, but not so much to become OP. If we got all three things you listed (especially #1), we'd be broken as hell.

CMs need help, but not so much to become OP. If we got all three things you listed (especially #1), we'd be broken as hell.

These were just ideas thrown out there and I never expected all of them at once. Feel free to contribute.

I am assuming you are speaking of Raid/Hard mode healing. I am currently regularly healing Eternity Vault (8 man while the rest of our guys hit 50), and Hard Mode False Emperor. I think we are fine. I love healing on my medic. I never run out of ammo, and the only time we die is if we have low dps and hit the rage timer on a couple of bosses.

My gear is mostly epic mods from dailies, and I just got 2 Colomni and 1 Tinoese piece from drops. This is where my medic really starts to get better. The combat medic set bonuses just make me that much better IMO. The 2 piece set bonus is 3 seconds added to SC. So, many things are done with SC. And the 4 piece bonuses don't sound like much when you read them, but they add just that much more to make me even better.

What's funny is that in other MMO's I mostly PvP as DPS. I haven't raided since AQ40. But, I love healing my guildies in this new content as a medic.