What counts as force attack?

Stonemender

The skill insight boosts the critical hit chance of our force attacks by 6%.

But which attacks do count as force attacks?

All 'yellow damage' skills, including the DoT's from the watchmen? Or just all skills, that dont explicitly include the usage of a light sabre, like force stasis?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but...

http://www.torhead.com/abilities/class/5/level/1-50

If you go to any given abilities' page and click "+Effect Details" it will give you the breakdown of just exactly what each and every skill does in it's raw form. From there, do a search for "SpellType." If force, it should be force. If anything else, it's something else.

Then again, by this method, Cauterize is considered Force.

I... don't know if that is correct? Easy enough to test with Zephyr, though!

Edited by Fascion

In your abilities page in-game, there will be an identifier next to the name of each ability. The common ones for Knights are Melee and Force. Blade Storm and Ataru Form are listed as Force. Cauterize is listed as Melee.
I've heard that suggested before, but never saw it.

Perhaps it has to do with my settings regarding tooltip display? Will have to check into that.

the in game listing is meaningless.

Several abilities are both melee and force.

Ataru strikes is hard to judge. Its clearly a melee animation. but definitely uses force power for damage.

It probably can be dodged, although, needs to be tested. Should really do that. See what pacify, and sabreward does to it.

Cauterize definitely is both.

The HIT is melee, and does not work the zephyr CD reduction.

It can be dodged/parried with defense.

The DAMAGE however is force power based. It does scale with force power, willpower crit/damage, focus +30% crit damage, and almost certainly focus +crit%.

Once the initial hit lands, the damage ticking is subject to force resistance not dodge/deflecting.

Edited by MBirkhofer