The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon Threat generation

WimploMartin

im 50 vanguard tank done all hard modes FPs and hard mode EV/rancor but my question is

harpoon says high threat generator but requires to be at a distant of 10m does this work on bosses? even tho it doesnt pull the boss but u are at a range and use it will it still give the increased threat? such as SOA/gharj?

Well to properly test it out you'd need to use it, then have a dps attack and log his damage until he pulls aggro back to see how much threat it's worth. DPS would pull aggro back at 1.3times your threat.

I haven't done this, but going into a boss fight, I tend to launch harpoon anyway, just before I charge. Doesn't hurt and it may help to keep initial aggro as alot of fights dps will be popping everything from the start, seeing as how every boss in the game has an enrage timer and is basically a dps race.

Obviously not worth running out to 10+ metres and casting, but if you're at that range due to mechanics/pulling etc, it can't hurt. During an actual encounter I wouldn't bother using it if I have aggro as extra dps from a hammer shot etc would be better due to enrage timers. Vanguards don't have much problems with keeping threat once we have it anyway.

Edited by xBuzz