DPS Commando Itemisation - Stats/Bonuses

jedip_enguin

Hey there fellow Commando's

I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of set items in HM and a PUG Ops run at the weekend, but now that I have I'm kinda struggling to understand the itemisation of our sets (particularly the Columi Elinator set) and what Bioware has in mind for us endgame.

My quandry's are as follows.

1 - Way too much power - Now dont get me wrong, I have no problem with power as a stat, but on most of the amour peices its taking up way to much of the item budget.

2 - Not enough crit - As gunnery you live and die by your ability to regen ammo and no stat helps passive regen more than crit coupled with cell charger, yet crit is non existent on the eliminator set. It's so bad I actually ended up taking a peice of the vanguard set when I got my glove token because A -I didnt even realise it was a Vanguard peice becuase you cant see set bonuses until after you buy and enquip the item and B - It was much much much better than the Eliminator peice.

I do realise that crit hs DR and a Cap and that the 2 pc eliminator bonus does attempt to mitgate some of this with the +15%crit to grav/charged bolts but that leaves out the fact the charger procs off of all 'Round' attacks and full auto crits and that we need crit for Demo/HIB as well.

Are other Trooper running into this as they start to gear up as well or is there an abundance of crit on out other non set items that addresses this balance and makes my point moot?

As ever, over to the forums for your thoughts and opinions...

i've been thinking about it with the items a bit and i have some conclusions that are only possible because of how the item distribution system works:

you want to grab both combat tech and eliminator sets

and then switch out one of the mods from the combat tech to the eliminator

the exact number of things you want to switch over i don't know yet

but you don't want quite so much power and accuracy and a bit more crit surge.

my 2 cents

Well as it stands thats what I'm planning (next glove token that drops I buy elim gloves and transfer the mods from my combat tech gloves) but seems highly counterintuitive to have to buy another advanced classes items to rejig your own set.

Not to mention it makes you look like a giant lewt whore if somebody in your party doesnt already have a set piece...

Well as it stands thats what I'm planning (next glove token that drops I buy elim gloves and transfer the mods from my combat tech gloves) but seems highly counterintuitive to have to buy another advanced classes items to rejig your own set.

Not to mention it makes you look like a giant lewt whore if somebody in your party doesnt already have a set piece...

how can you look like a loot whore?

item drops are random as far as I know, either you get **** or you don't.

if you know of a way to assign gear in anyway i would like to know it.

I've only had one token from a HM FP that I got by default after the other trooper got dc'd but I assume if he was there we'd have to roll for it yes?

I was'nt really meaning from an Ops point of view.

everyone gets those tokens. have no fear.

Edited by vvp_pe