Vector Hyllis romance question.

Esmalyn

So I screened this romance story on YouTube.com.

Nothing wrong with a forward woman, but the IA's come-ons are so contrived and awkward I only opted to flirt with Vector on a few occasions, increasing affection w/gifts when I would piss him off by committing some evil act (never mind he chooses to hang out with a wet boy) and maxed his affection.

The last conversation we had on board the ship was the "defending your legacy" bit. Since then, I've landed on Corellia and he still has nothing to say.

He did have that icon requesting to speak w/you on board the ship while we were on Voss, but I don't remember when. And I married that Voss guy.

Does anyone know if I will not have my bug love scenes with Vector? And can you guess what did I do to end the romance plot?

Edited by Esmalyn

I didn't know we could marry a guy on Voss. I'm not there yet. I think it's marrying him that broke your romance, no?

Or maybe there is a quota per chapter of discussions.

Nothing during first chapter, then something like 9 in the second (I had all mine at the same time!) and then nothing (even with high affection) until chapter 3 where new dialogues are unlocked... I guess it's how it works. Someone asked me the same question. It's the only solution I see...

Even if you broke the romance he should still speak to you as a friend I think...

Edited by Evolvana

"Or maybe there is a quota per chapter of discussions."

That's a more likely explanation than marrying a Voss guy. I assume that by the middle of Voss if Vector was going to confirm I wanted him (when he asks you to clarify your feelings because his bug brain half makes it hard for him to figure it out) he would've by then.

I think I messed up by not choosing the flirt options often enough or at the right time, which sucks from my perspective.

Yeah you can marry a guy on Voss to find their secrets, or you can kill them or try to convince them some other way (possibly). I thought they were cool looking and I'm a sucker for neutrality, so I married him.

I was at the point right before the marriage with Vector at that point (I had the quest to get it, but when I tried to do the scene in the Voss Catina, were trapped on top of each other and looked like we were falling foreverrrr as I could see the planet rather then the cantina- an amusing bug). When I went to marry the Voss, he made a very careful remark about it, and my IA had three options- they were basically "you know who I want, and who I want is you", "this is just for the mission, dummy" and "you're cute when you're jealous".

As soon as I went back to the ship, we then got married ("Say something Kilik-y!"). No mention of that poor Voss kid. Poor Voss kid.

I believe the marriage scene kicks in after you start Voss and when you've gotten somewhere between 8000 and 9000 Affection. If you fit those requirements, then yeah, you probably didn't choose enough flirt options. You should have had the option to kiss in the cargo bay, and he should have asked you to clear out the ship and then came to you with 'normal' eyes (which could have lead to something more). If neither of those happened, then... you're probably not on his romance-track. If they did, then... I don't know. Bug? Oddness?