bind on pickup craftables??

Feame

Why?

Please allow us to craft vehicles and purple gear that we can sell. What's the point of learning a recipe to craft something if we cannot give it away?

If that's the case, just make them cost an arm and a leg and put them on a special vendor.

I also think that anything BOP in crafting is a bad idea. This is coming from a lvl 400 armor crafter.

The issue is you end up with alpha-crafts (like biochem for Pvp right now) If you absolutely must make somthing BOP, make it purely cosmetic.

There is plenty of sellable gear. Other gear is designed to be a perk of for the crafter themself, or in other cases is 'raid' quality gear that should not flood the market and is designed for those who actually do the raid.

Source? Or are you just guessing as to the devs intentions?

The devs seem to give the impression that they wanted crafting in SWTOR to be more robust and fulfilling than crafting in say, WoW. Where it's largely pointless.

Perks and artifical enticements to take part are only needed when an activity cannot provide enought incentive on it's own without help. Therefore BOP perks are the anti-thesis of good crafting system design.

If the devs don't want a particular item flooding the market, then there are other ways of dealing with that.

Edited by Tarka

I also think that anything BOP in crafting is a bad idea. This is coming from a lvl 400 armor crafter.

The issue is you end up with alpha-crafts (like biochem for Pvp right now) If you absolutely must make somthing BOP, make it purely cosmetic.

I agree.

One of the big pulls to any crafting is the ability to sell items that you can make. There should be NO bop craftables in the game. Crafting doesn't need a "perk" to get people to do it IF it is already viable and fulfills the needs that crafting should fulfill. It's only terrible crafting systems that need "perks".

If items are to be BOP, then make them actual item drops, not craftables.

Edited by Tarka

If it isn't bop then less people will do the crafts. I guess you missed all the "Why do any other craft then Biochem" threads.

complete rubbish. The Biochem cries have nothing to do with BOP, and everything to do with the fact that the items produced where seen as being of greater use than other crafting professions.

complete rubbish. The Biochem cries have nothing to do with BOP, and everything to do with the fact that the items produced where seen as being of greater use than other crafting professions.

If there are no overpowered BOPs (biochem) then only people who enjoy crafting will do the crafting.. why is that bad? And right now the issue is no PvPer should be any profession that's not biochem. And unfortunately, as long as they have reusable medpacs that aren't terrible. and only they can get... that will always be true

How is it rubbish? If you could get someone else to craft your purple Rakata why would you bother with anything but Biochem?

If there are no overpowered BOPs (biochem) then only people who enjoy crafting will do the crafting.. why is that bad? And right now the issue is no PvPer should be any profession that's not biochem. And unfortunately, as long as they have reusable medpacs that aren't terrible. and only they can get... that will always be true

I think you misunderstood my viewpoint. You seem to be advocating that people who enjoy crafting will do crafting without the need for "perks" (i.e. making items that are only BOP). I agree.

So the whole "BOP's are needed to be perks for crafting" argument which some are using goes right out of the window, so long as the items that can be crafted are seen as attractive to other players.

Edited by Tarka

How is it rubbish? If you could get someone else to craft your purple Rakata why would you bother with anything but Biochem?

Well, for starters using that logic, why does anyone bother crafting at all when everyone else can craft?

The answer is: Because some people are drawn to crafting. There really doesn't need to be schematics in this game that make only BOP items. It's ridiculous and goes against the very nature of a crafting system / economic synergy.

If there are to be BOP items in the game, then I think they should be only found as drops, not produced from schematics.

Crafting depends on a "supply and demand" situation to exist in the game. But BOP crafted items don't fit into that at all.

Edited by Tarka

I think you misunderstood my viewpoint. You seem to be advocating that people who enjoy crafting will do crafting without the need for "perks" (i.e. making items that are only BOP). I agree.

So the whole "BOP's are needed to be perks for crafting" argument which some are using goes right out of the window, so long as the items that can be crafted are seen as attractive to other players.

oops! i meant to quote the post right above yours.