Underpowered? (not more QQ)

Boonejamin

After testing out a few classes I decided to roll a Sentinel for my first actual main. I've leveled him to 27 thus far and am having fun, but am really discouraged by a lot of the complaining I hear about this class. I am having SOME problems, but for the most part they involve not being able to take out Elites at +1/2 levels, which isn't the end of the world for me. As I approach level 30 I have a few questions I was hoping this forum could answer.

-Can the Sentinel be a viable DPS class in endgame? If so, how? I don't care about PvP.

-While I'm leveling I have a problem where there are simply not enough slots to contain all the skills I need for optimal rotations. Some fights I just need DPS all the time, but for others some protection like Saber Ward or Pacify is the key. I really haven't worried too much about optimizing my rotations, since at low levels it never seems to matter much (I don't die a lot). What are a few optimal rotations for different kinds of fights (lots of standards, only elites, a combination etc.)?

-What is the best Skill build for leveling? I'm using combat atm, and plan on using Watchman for endgame.

I can probably figure all this out with some testing, but I thought I'd ask before I spent all that time.

Thanks

After testing out a few classes I decided to roll a Sentinel for my first actual main. I've leveled him to 27 thus far and am having fun, but am really discouraged by a lot of the complaining I hear about this class. I am having SOME problems, but for the most part they involve not being able to take out Elites at +1/2 levels, which isn't the end of the world for me. As I approach level 30 I have a few questions I was hoping this forum could answer.

-Can the Sentinel be a viable DPS class in endgame? If so, how? I don't care about PvP.

-While I'm leveling I have a problem where there are simply not enough slots to contain all the skills I need for optimal rotations. Some fights I just need DPS all the time, but for others some protection like Saber Ward or Pacify is the key. I really haven't worried too much about optimizing my rotations, since at low levels it never seems to matter much (I don't die a lot). What are a few optimal rotations for different kinds of fights (lots of standards, only elites, a combination etc.)?

-What is the best Skill build for leveling? I'm using combat atm, and plan on using Watchman for endgame.

I can probably figure all this out with some testing, but I thought I'd ask before I spent all that time.

Thanks

Not enough slots for your skills? Have you applied your other 3 bars to your UI? Go into your preferenced, and interface, and turn on your other 3 bars. I'm sure you'll have enough room then.

Not enough slots for your skills? Have you applied your other 3 bars to your UI? Go into your preferenced, and interface, and turn on your other 3 bars. I'm sure you'll have enough room then.

I should have specified: I like them hotkeyed. I'd rather set up several bars with hotkeys I can switch between then waste time clicking. Unless I can keybind them manually? Either way I'd still like advice on optimal rotations.

I should have specified: I like them hotkeyed. I'd rather set up several bars with hotkeys I can switch between then waste time clicking. Unless I can keybind them manually? Either way I'd still like advice on optimal rotations.

so put up the extra quickbars, go into prefs click the keybindings tab, click quickslots and you can bind anything in a quickslot to anything on your keyboard or mouse.