Whats up with vendors?

Caneos

How come at Mod Vendors there are 2 levels of certain gear and only 1 of another.

For instance running around as a Marauder i notice 2 armoring for the Tank spec. So example grade 10 & 11 for END over STR, but for DPS there is only a grade 10?

Also i noticed on the Dark Side Vendor on the Fleet There is no marauder armor.

Its all either Heavy Armor, which we cant wear, or Cunning for the Agents.

Just haven't heard if they are aware and plan on fixing or what.

How come at Mod Vendors there are 2 levels of certain gear and only 1 of another.

For instance running around as a Marauder i notice 2 armoring for the Tank spec. So example grade 10 & 11 for END over STR, but for DPS there is only a grade 10?

Also i noticed on the Dark Side Vendor on the Fleet There is no marauder armor.

Its all either Heavy Armor, which we cant wear, or Cunning for the Agents.

Just haven't heard if they are aware and plan on fixing or what.

The vendors have gaps in their offering, compared to what can be done by a crafter.

For example: I want skill mods for my smuggler, not patron mods, so I have to make my own.

Same is true for actual gear on commendation vendors.....I run a gunslinger smuggler, I don't want heavy endurance gear, I want heavy Cunning gear. So I end up having to replace the mods to get what I need.

This is probably just errors carried over from somewhere in beta, and will get fixed eventually.

I noticed this to, on Corelia I coudn't buy modifications with commendations that were equal to what i could get if I bought the comendation gear....... So what I did I bought the gloves, cheapest for 10 corelia comendations and just took the modifications from the gloves and filled out all my existing gear, I had to pay to remove the modifications but couldn't find another way to get equal level modifications.....

Yeah, most of the time i try to find some through a friend that does Ctech or the GTN. So i've mainly just stopped looking at the Mod Vendors. Usually on every 2nd or 3rd planet something might be just above what i have.

Just frustrating that some aren't equal to others.

Well I know that as a trooper cybertech, I could craft the reflex (DPS) armorings right from the off, but didn't get the commando(Tank, ironically) until much later.

There's gaps in what the crafters can make, at low levels anyway, and I have a sneaking suspicion the stuff the vendors have more of are the ones the crafters can't make.

It gets worse higher up though. Want enhancements with critical rating? You're gonna have to get one that's like 4 or 5 marks lower than the ones without it!

No, crafters can make them all.

Not at low levels, they can't.

Edit:

To illustrate...

Cybertech can only make Reflex, Resolve, Skill, and Might armorings until mark 14, which is level 33, when they finally get Commando, Force Wielder, Patron, and Guardian armorings as well. Marks 4-13 of these last four are available on planetary commendation vendors, but after Coruscant, the craftable ones are much less available.

Edited by Tiron_Raptor